What is Your Least Favorite Household Chore?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there's one job I would love to avoid, it's doing laundry. I absolutely hate it. And you're never really finished; there's always more in the hamper. It just seems to multiply on it's own.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vacuuming the stairs
I do them every week, but i loath it!. The good thing is though that when i'm doing the stairs that's the last leg of the housework duties

I'm just pleased i don't live in a town house

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laundry is a never ending battle around here too. I do at least 2-3 loads a day and never seem completely caught up! There are three kids and my DH and myself so yep laundry would be my pick, followed closely by dishwashing

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes. I cannot stand doing dishes. I will scrub the floor with a toothbrush and clean up hairballs happily, but I, for whatever reason, can't get over doing dishes. I then let them pile up, making it even more gross and difficult, and the cycle continues, but despite this logic, I can't break myself of my bad dishes habits.

Laundry is second, but that's only because I have to lug it 3 stories down the fire escape and pay $2 to wash it, $2 to dry it, and then haul it back up the fire escape. Actually doing it, folding it and putting it away is not as big a deal.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I sit here in my office and look out the window, I see that I cannot see out the window so good because it is dirty like all the rest of the windows in the house. I think that pretty much answers your question!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry & cleaning the bathroom.
I hate laundry because we have to pay $1 to wash, $1 to dry- and it just sucks
If I had my own washer/dryer, I would love it!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Laundry & cleaning the bathroom.
I hate laundry because we have to pay $1 to wash, $1 to dry- and it just sucks
If I had my own washer/dryer, I would love it!!
I would get down on my knees and kiss my landlord's feet if out laundry was $1 wash/$1 dry!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I would get down on my knees and kiss my landlord's feet if out laundry was $1 wash/$1 dry!!
I can't believe you have to pay $2!
I would freak out and probably never do laundry

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cooking.
Cleaning.

In that order.

I don't mind laundry, cause all I have to do is put it in the washer, and then put it in the dryer. Anything past that, well....I hate that too.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually like to do laundry! My mom always said: when the going gets tough, the tough do laundry. It's a routine that is somehow calming to me.

I probably hate doing bathrooms the worst, followed by vacuuming. I'll scoop litter over vacuuming anyday.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes. Ick. Right now there's a massive pile that is a resut of me putting it off until it's a long, drawn out task that I would pay to not have to do.
And laundry. It's just boring and I don't like loading or folding laundry.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes. Would do several illegal things to avoid doing dishes. I dream of a dishwasher.
Second would be laundry, not because of the sorting and folding but the getting dressed to go to laundry room, scrounging for quarters ($1 each to wash and dry), then hauling it back up to the apartment. Just takes the fun out of it
I fantasize of a washer and dryer and an apartment big enough to hold them

Last place I lived it was $1.75 each and I thought that was outrageous. I would hang many clothes to drip dry and avoid paying the dryer charge. $2 is a lot!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just HATE to iron. If it is something that I can just place in the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out, then that is where they go...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LAUNDRY!!! I don't mind actually doing the laundry- it's just the whole folding it and putting it away that i despise. I always have a ton of foster kittens, so there is always a ton of laundy to do....it's never ending
I'd rather scrub a toilet any day than do laundry!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I HATE doing dishes! My new apartment has a dishwasher so I am a happy girl! Second on my most hated chores list, is laundry. I have to pack up the laundry, find quarters, and then drive to the laundromat. Hate it! My new apartment also has W/D hookups and I am getting a W/D as soon as I move. Can't wait!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry because that means having to make up my waterbed! I never used to mind making my bed up after laundry day, but my waterbed sheets wore out and when I went to look for new sheets I couldn't find any for a waterbed, so I bought regular king size sheets which work ok, but instead of just tucking in 4 corners, I have to tuck in 4 sides for the bottom one and 2 for the top one. Hard on the back.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just cleaning in general. I'd rather be outside working in the garden. I wish I could train the cats to clean the house. You know...work for food. Yeah, right...dream on. Really should get off the computer and clean. The house is a mess. Hey, but the garden is actually lookin' pretty good!