Richmond Cat Show Pictures!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm just back from the Richmond cat show and took a few pictures. I didn't get as many as I like because all the judging was going on and people were running back and forth and I didn't want to get in the way. I'll post the links in case the pictures are too big.

First is a beautiful big Maine Coon boy. Isn't he gorgeous

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3.../MaineCoon.jpg

Next a gorgeous fluffy Norwegian Forsest Cat!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...nForestCat.jpg

Beautiful Havana Brown! So glad I got to see one of these.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...avanaBrown.jpg

Some Aby pictures (Abymummy I tried and tried to get your blue Aby picture but he just wouldn't hold still, lol, so his face is blurry!)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...icbint/Aby.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...nt/BlueAby.jpg

Couple Egyptian Mau pictures (again the little one was too busy playing to pose pretty, lol)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t/Mausmall.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...icbint/Mau.jpg

This one I didn't write down what he was (Maine Coon or Norwegian?)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...t/LongHair.jpg

And saving the best for last! I thought this one was soooo beautiful! A blue smoke Turkish Angora. Isn't he gorgeous??? There was a gorgeous black one there too, but her pictures didn't turn out

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...kishAngora.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I also have a pretty good pic of that blue aby but since it is on my friend's camera, she will have to email that to me before I can post it. Adilah, he was stunning!!!
Great! I took 4 pictures of him and he wouldn't hold still at all! lol

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting! I do love that blue smoke.
Were there any Burmese or Scottish Folds at that show?

I know what you mean about running around... you get to chatting with people or you just don't want to interrupt the grooming routine, naptime, or whatever. The best time to take pics is in the ring, but then you can't ask people if it's okay to take a picture, and you can't use a flash. Anyway, so I understand about not getting all the pics one would like.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We saw a few Folds, and I think I saw some Burmese.. but, I'm pretty sure.. is it Burmen?? I think I saw some Burmen/Burmin.. I was paying attention to that pretty Coon up there.. I even got to hold him and the 9th best of show Tonk that was there.. they were both such loves..

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birmans are big cats with points and long hair, Burmese are small stocky cats with short slinky fur, and usually chocolate brown. They are similar to the Tonkinese, except in solid colors and usually rounder and more cobby.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I also have a pretty good pic of that blue aby but since it is on my friend's camera, she will have to email that to me before I can post it. Adilah, he was stunning!!!
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Great! I took 4 pictures of him and he wouldn't hold still at all! lol
Abys at the best of times aren't the easiest cats to take pictures of
I'm glad you got to see him/them at least. One of my dreams is to have one of mine (a Masmera in other words) compete on the US level and do well over there

If the cat(s) you saw were from the Zhender cattery then you've done well. He breeds blues and fawns mainly and from the few pictures I was able to find, they ARE stunning indeed.

Did any of you manage to see the Purrinlot Persian?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

One of my dreams is to have one of mine (a Masmera in other words) compete on the US level and do well over there
I could pick one up on my way to Canada, leave him/her with GK

Thanks for the pics AlleyGirl

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Abys at the best of times aren't the easiest cats to take pictures of
I'm glad you got to see him/them at least. One of my dreams is to have one of mine (a Masmera in other words) compete on the US level and do well over there

If the cat(s) you saw were from the Zhender cattery then you've done well. He breeds blues and fawns mainly and from the few pictures I was able to find, they ARE stunning indeed.

Did any of you manage to see the Purrinlot Persian?
Adilah, the blue aby I took the pics of was out of the Glenlea Cattery. There was a very nice gentleman who held him for me (the same one in the other pictures already posted) and also let me touch his fur. He was a stunning cat, even with a thin coat, he still was very, very pretty.

There was also a very sweet little Corny there too. What a gorgeous little delicate head! I didn't see the Purrinlot Persian though ... but that cattery name is ringing some major bells for some reason ... is the breeder from Virginia?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you trying to get me in trouble girl?????? - dropping off an aby in this house?????

Was there any Ocicats at the show? (won't pick you on for not getting a picture if there was since you said you couldn't take too many)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Are you trying to get me in trouble girl?????? - dropping off an aby in this house?????

Was there any Ocicats at the show? (won't pick you on for not getting a picture if there was since you said you couldn't take too many)
I saw lots of spotted Mau's but if there was an Oci there, I didn't see it. I was looking for one, but like I said, it was sooooo busy when I was there.

There was a ton of Persians so I don't know if that particular cattery was there. I really wish I had been able to spend more time there, but I only had about an hour

Next time!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, now I'm still learning all of this, but are Ocicats accepted by CFA? I wasn't sure.. I knew there wouldn't be any Bengals there, definitely no Safari cats.. etc. I thought Ocis were a hybrid too, but I don't know much about them. Certainly the raised eyebrows we got when we mentioned our Bengals speaks volumes about the general opinion of the breed... but I did get to hold that big beautiful boy (the first pic of the maine coone)... and a darling little Tonk.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Hmm, now I'm still learning all of this, but are Ocicats accepted by CFA? I wasn't sure.. I knew there wouldn't be any Bengals there, definitely no Safari cats.. etc. I thought Ocis were a hybrid too, but I don't know much about them. Certainly the raised eyebrows we got when we mentioned our Bengals speaks volumes about the general opinion of the breed... but I did get to hold that big beautiful boy (the first pic of the maine coone)... and a darling little Tonk.
Ocicats are definitely accepted by CFA. They are not a hybrid of "wild" cat + domestics like Bengals are/were and like Savannahs. Ocis were created from Abyssinians, Siamese and American Shorthairs!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, very cool. I didn't know that! Really, I've only been learning about purebloods since that dratted Bengal came through the door... :glances over at Kahn lounging in the sunlight by the screendoor: Ocicats are cool but I've just started learning more about the ones that I have an interest in.. at the moment, that's two Bengals and a Mau, with a Tonk on the way, so.. you know, it's a slow process. I still know almost nothing about coloration, and trying to read about it is .. gosh.. sort of like trying to read a history book. I can't keep myself interested in the cut and dried text.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Ahhh, very cool. I didn't know that! Really, I've only been learning about purebloods since that dratted Bengal came through the door... :glances over at Kahn lounging in the sunlight by the screendoor: Ocicats are cool but I've just started learning more about the ones that I have an interest in.. at the moment, that's two Bengals and a Mau, with a Tonk on the way, so.. you know, it's a slow process. I still know almost nothing about coloration, and trying to read about it is .. gosh.. sort of like trying to read a history book. I can't keep myself interested in the cut and dried text.
If you're really interested in cat colors, check out the "What color is this cat thread" (self promotion here
). Definitely NOT a cut and dried text thread at all!!