Might be getting a dog!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My bf and I have been thinking about getting a dog but we want a Pitty, so it hasn't been easy finding one so far. We recently filled out an application with one rescue group here called Bullies In Need, so we are waiting to hear from them. And today we are going to the Humane Society cause there is one Pitty mix puppy that could be a match for us!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I sure hope you're able to adopt the puppy!!! Pits are wonderful dogs, despite all of the negative media hype. They do require a special attention, lots of training and patience, as any breed does. Let us know if you're approved for the puppy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it didn't go so well for us this morning. We went down to the humane society and we couldn't even see the dog we want. Since we live in an apartment there is no chance of us getting her. Very disappointed

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck on your search. There are places out there that will adopt to apartment dwellers.
I'm on a waiting list for another Newfoundland and have already been waiting since August...and I recently talked to the breeder and it might be another year before she will have another litter ready. It will be worth the wait!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there's a lot of pit bulls in shelters here in Montana.
I have met so many at the shelter where I volunteer and we have found all of them great homes except a few that had to be euthanized because they were fought
.. but all of them were sweet and we have a pit bull mix at the shelter now named Rose and omg she is AWESOME!

I hope you find one soon from a shelter or rescue and have you done your research on the breed? here is a site that will educate you on the breed.

http://www.pbrc.net Good luck on your search!!
I just love pit bulls and hope to have one someday, rescued of course.

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

Good luck on your search. There are places out there that will adopt to apartment dwellers.
I'm on a waiting list for another Newfoundland and have already been waiting since August...and I recently talked to the breeder and it might be another year before she will have another litter ready. It will be worth the wait!
Wow that is a long time to wait for a dog, but I suppose if you really want it would be worth the wait!
We are actually going to look into finding a townhouse with a fenced yard. Hopefully we can find one we can afford lol. It would be nice to have a bigger place either way

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

there's a lot of pit bulls in shelters here in Montana.
I have met so many at the shelter where I volunteer and we have found all of them great homes except a few that had to be euthanized because they were fought
.. but all of them were sweet and we have a pit bull mix at the shelter now named Rose and omg she is AWESOME!

I hope you find one soon from a shelter or rescue and have you done your research on the breed? here is a site that will educate you on the breed.

http://www.pbrc.net Good luck on your search!!
I just love pit bulls and hope to have one someday, rescued of course.
Thanks for the link! I already have it book marked believe or not lol I was reading stuff on there yesterday!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well we are going to look at a puppy tomorrow, he's not a pit (unfortunately) but from his pic he is VERY cute. He is supposedly a shar pei/ lab mix.

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

yay!
Where are you getting him from?
Someone locally is re-homing him cause they can't take care of him like he needs to be.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww
poor guy atleast you will be giving him what he needs!
I can't wait to see pics!!
Let us know how it goes!

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We got him! Posted a couple pics in the Pet Pics section!