hmm idea need opinions

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok so I been wanting a tattoo for the longest time, now my mom was supposed to get me one for my birthday two years in a row and i still havent gotten it, now my brother wants me to sleep over next weekend so he can sleep and go to work I was thinking of making him get me a tattoo instead not an expensive one of course, hes been paying me like crazy but i keep buying food, and well I need to fit into a brides maid dress come the 12th of may
so what do u guys think?!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

ok so I been wanting a tattoo for the longest time, now my mom was supposed to get me one for my birthday two years in a row and i still havent gotten it, now my brother wants me to sleep over next weekend so he can sleep and go to work I was thinking of making him get me a tattoo instead not an expensive one of course, hes been paying me like crazy but i keep buying food, and well I need to fit into a brides maid dress come the 12th of may
so what do u guys think?!
How about you just go?!? Walk into a parlour, look at the designs, find something you want and get it done. Stalling is bad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

How about you just go?!? Walk into a parlour, look at the designs, find something you want and get it done. Stalling is bad
I do know what I want and that is three or four paw prints on my shoulder. Also I think I want to go to the place where my brother, mother, and other brother all went for their tattoos. He is very reasonable, and more reasonable to people that he knows well and such, my brother has gotten over 12 tattoos from him. So I do trust his work and everything and I actually have been there while everyone else here has got their tattoos done.
I know stalling is bad, but when I did save the money I got tired of waiting to go and was unsure on what to get that really fit me and so I did buy the cats a cat tree instead, which is completely fine with me because they love it
And I like spoiling them

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

my brothers gotten over 12 tattoos from those people so u know there may be some deal u know
Wow i didn't realise you were 18 lol, i always assume everyone here is twice my age because they are all so mature and wordly
I doubt very highly that tattooists do deals, i have a couple myself. The more important thing than price is having a look at different places to see where you feel comfortable, do research on the artists, ask around for different peoples opinions on when they got their tattoos done.

You should probably also set yourself a budget. If i want something and i have to pay rent, phone bills, travel, food etc fortnightly, i plan ahead of what mnoey i need to put aside and over how many weeks i can save up and then get what i want and not be broke.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well whatever happens i hope it all goes well. Is the tattoo a design for your mum? Or another important type of thing? If not then spoiling your kitties with the money isn't such a bad thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well whatever happens i hope it all goes well. Is the tattoo a design for your mum? Or another important type of thing? If not then spoiling your kitties with the money isn't such a bad thing
I think its more of a part of my life and everything that has come of it and also in a way for my kitties. My mom does however love the idea because she does know my love for cats and everything. But I am eventually going to get a rose matching my mom's on my other shoulder, I just don't know when that will be!
Spoiling the kitties is never a bad thing
They really are all so spoiled and they all love it. Often whenever I am typing I am not alone, Blue and Bella fight over my lap or my arms whenever I am on my labtop, and of course I am a sucker for that
And I have so many toys in my room alone that just sit there
I think that maybe it is time to buy more toys, even though every time I go shopping they all get new toys or treats

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but that doesn't mean I don't approve of others getting one.
Like someone else posted above me...set aside maybe 10 dollars per week until you reach your goal. That way you can still pay for other items you need without running on empty at the end. This is also good practice for later in life when things suddenly need to be fixed unexpectantly or for emergencies.
As for what you should get? Seeing how you love your kitties, why not get something to represent them? Such as a paw print as someone already requested. Or something that is meaningful to you. Just remember, once you have it, you can't take it off, or at least it will be very difficult.
Also, this is the most important. Go around to different tattoo parlors and see how clean they are and how safe! Do not go to the cheapest or the most expensive. I would also get recommendations from their clients and make sure they sterilize everything. You do not want to end up with an illness from unsafe practices.
Good Luck! Let us know what you decide to get!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you plan to get the rose anyway, maybe you should have it done first, before your mom's surgery... as a gesture of love and support to her.