Just a little bit of fun, ladies! Who can remember...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...their very first boyfriend?

I do - my very first boyfriend was called Michael. Actually, Michael Jackson.
We managed to find each other again through on of these reunion websites a few months ago, and the other night we sat up most of h
the night just chatting on MSN. It was really fun to see where we'd gone in life and what we've done and what we remember. Then as we got more and more nostalgic, we spent a lot of time reminiscing about how nice life was back when we were dating and how easy it was. How neither of us had to worry about anything (Other than whether or not there were enough biscuits inthe house) and all the fun things we did. Like playing on rope swings, jumping into the sea from the harbour wall and remembering things like when his dog nearly bit my thumb off!!

We were actually very very happy together - we were together for three years, in fact! Of course, sometimes I wonder where we'd be today if we hadn't broken up (because we never fought once) - probably still together and still happy - but I'm happy where I am now. We weren't exactly the normal teenage turbulent couple. Those were very good years. And, honestly, I miss them. He's definitely one of those relationships that I will always remember as being wonderful - I haven't a single bad memory about it. And that's a nice grounding thought

But here's the really funny part.... he still has all our old pictures! But it's strange, because he looks now very VERY much like my current boyfriend. I guess my preferences in men are really shining through!!

So I figured I would share - Here's what I looked like 10 years ago! (sorry)

And this is us at my high school prom (my dad's camera was broken though, sorry about the quality)

And here I am now... and very happy here in Denmark with my wonderful man

But isn't it wierd how many things haven't changed in that time?

So what do you remember and why?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They do look alike! You are consistent.
They are handsome and there's a kindness in the face. Yes, I remember my first boyfriend. He arrived for our first date wearing a sport coat. Very impressive! He was very cute. We were on and off for 2 or 3 years. I did not keep in touch but did look him up in public records a few years ago. He's in a different state and there's a III listed. (He's a Jr). So I know he has a family!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is funny!? Hmmmm, some consistency there.....I can honestly say that none of my boyfriends even slightly resembled each other......it made me think!
Just as odd, in the opposite way!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, i was a naughty teenager, as soon as i broke up with one guy i always had someone new in line

I remember my first boyfriend, i was actually in love with his friend but thought he wasnt into me. Two weeks later we broke up and his friend told me he liked me and we started going out. Unfortunately only lasted two months and a half because his mother didnt like me.

Had a few strings of boyfriends. Now I dont have one but you know the story with my crush so ill get back to you in a couple of months!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!! He does resemble your hubby
I didnt ever really have a steady b.f
I *went out* with a few guys when I was younger....but nothing serious. The serious relationship started when I was 15/16 and of course I remember him, hes the father of my son!! I see him around alot(hes not really a *dad*) he and my son dont ever spend time together
So guess is what I am trying to say is............hes a DEADBEAT!!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I do remember him. Ok, sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I'd stayed with him----and I shudder to think of it. I didn't have much sense when I was 17, you know? He's since been in jail, and I discovered he'd lied to me about his age; turns out he was 3 years YOUNGER than he told me. That really ticked me off
(I'm assuming you all can do the math
)

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember my first boyfriend. His name was Al. I was in the 7th or 8th grade (which was like 35 years ago, or something...) I saw him at our 25th class reunion. He still looks the same. It was nice chatting with him. He's married (22 years at the time, to the same gal) with 3 children. Guess he would have been a pretty good catch! I married my second boyfriend...and then divorced him. I can tell you without hesitation that he wasn't a good catch!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my first is my only - we started dating when I was 21 and broke up about a year ago, around 2 and a half years, so that's kind of hard to forget. I've never even dated anyone else before! I just have to figure that whenever God wants me to date again, He'll send someone my way.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I remember my first. He was a nice guy, but we were not a good fit. He's a vet now and married. I was 17 at the time and oh so immature, but even if I was mature, it would have never worked out between us.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my parents call Orren my first boyfriend, but I never thought of him that way. We were only nine years old, for pete's sake!

He was the son of another Army couple who were friends of my parents when we were stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and he and I would play in the backyard while our parents listened to Bob Newhart albums in the living room.

One day my brother Noel, age 3, apparently decided he didn't like having his sister monopolized by this big crewcut kid, and he came out of the garage with a hammer and gave Orren a sharp whack on top of the head! Knocked him cold for a couple of minutes, but he was okay.

His parents didn't come over anymore, though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first "boyfriend" when I was little was a French boy who has since moved to China and then come back. The second was new to America from South Korea. Those were all in elementary school. My first actual boyfriend I am still pretty good friends with. He was born in Guatemala.

I guess I like men who have a bit of an international flavor...
Also a majority of them have been left-handed and colorblind. Weird. Don't think I have a "type" they all look very very different and if I showed you a string of pictures you would wonder how the same woman was attracted to them all. Different heights, different builds, hair color, etc etc. The only similarity is that most of them have had blue or green eyes.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do look quite similar, I guess you do have a 'type'!
I hope you don't mind me asking, why did you break up with your first b/f?
I remember my first b/f, I was 15, he was 18, we were together for about 2 years. He was a real sweetie, I was a pain in the bum! My mum still sees him around the town, I haven't seen him for a while, I wonder what he's up to now!
I can't believe we were together over 10 years ago, it really doesn't seem possible that it could be that long, isn't it frightening how fast time goes. One day you are a teenager, then you blink and suddenly you have a mortgage and (nearly!) a husband.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My VERY first boyfriend was named Chris Heerdt when we were in 5th grade. He liked Star Wars. We held hands on the bus, he gave me a dandelion and chased me at recess. We broke up the next day.

When I was 8th grade, I had a "boyfriend" named Alex. We "dated" over the summer, which meant we rode bikes and walked around the neighborhood, got ice cream together and held hands and hugged each other when we parted ways each time. He asked me if he could kiss me and I said no. We dated into our freshman year of high school and he dumped me at the homecoming dance...with my brand new dress and pretty professional up-do. I was, to say the least, extremely

A couple weeks after Alex's theatrics, I had my first real boyfriend in some senses...like, he was my first kiss and we went on group dates and wrote each other little "love" notes and we went to the school dances and made out in our parents' basements. His name was Neil and his mom hated my snotty 14/15 year old self. I think he was the first guy that I exchanged "I love you" with, but I don't think I really had much business saying that, in retrospect. We dated for a bit over a year.

After that, I had the picks-me-up-in-his-parents-car, first-actual-puppy-love, brings me flowers on Valentine's day, calls me every night, sends love letters to Interlochen boyfriend. His name was Scott, and we're still very, very good friends. He was definitely my first significant relationship, and the ony significant one other than Ian. A lot of significant moments together, actually
He and I were a good match at the time who ended up having different goals in life and therefore grew in separate directions. But he's still a good guy. he was a year older than I and went off to college and we broke up after almost 2 year together.

There were other little flings here and there, and a string of ugly mini-relationships at the beginning of college. But they're not worth rehashing

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My very first "boyfriend" was in kindergarden
(haha guess i started "dating" early
) His name was William and he had dark wavy hair and brown eyes. (haha i knew how to pick um!) We were boyfriend/girlfriend for about a week, then we were outside at recess one day planting trees (our school had a "tree day" and planted seedlings) and he told me he was an alien and couldn't be my boyfriend anymore
I was dating an alien! So sad! Who knew
Ahh the joys of kidnergarden

My first "real" boyfriend was named Terry...i met him when i was in the 6th grade i think. He was handsome- blond hair and blue eyes and definitely a smooth talker
He was one of our neighbors so we were inseperable when we came home from school every day. We hung out on our front porches and well...that was pretty much the extent of our relationship
He was also my first kiss.
(it was kinda funny when it happened too- one of our old busy body neighbors saw him kiss me then marched right over to the front porch and shooed him away
Talk about embaressing!!!!) He was really sweet though- but i had had a crush forever on this guy i went to church with named Luke (he's still drop dead gorgeous today!!!!!) - so i dumped Terry for Luke lol. We dated for a while actually...i can't remember why we broke up...but we're still friends even today- he's engaged now.

I don't really have a specific type. I've dated guys that were similar to one another and guys that were very different - i tend to go not soo much now for looks, but by how the treat me/ and other things like that. Although i did luck out with Colin because i think he's a total package

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first "boyfriend" is now my brother in law! I am very glad that my sister married him instead of me!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cute that you two were able to get back in touch. And wow he does look alot like your current boyfriend!

My first boyfriend's name was Alan. We were only together something like a month. He was one of my best friends, but he turned out to be a horrible boyfriend. He's not a one woman kind of guy. He moved to florida a couple years ago, but I still talk to him every now and then.