Microwaves

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How often do you wipe out yours?

I admit that I'm notorious for not wiping it out on a daily basis and in fact I think I only do it about once per month. Tonight I decided to do it because it was looking quite dirty inside. I had to spray it with Fantastik and let it soak off the grime, LOL But now it's sparklng clean.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually every time i use ir or at least several times a week.
Just to keep it really clean and once a week i take out the glass turntable and scrub it down really well. (i use lysol antibacterial cleaner - the yellow one- to clean ours out with usually). It's awful trying to clean out crusted on food in a microwave, so we try to keep ours really clean.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm supposed to wipe out the microwave?? Oppps!
I'm really bad about that. Usually, if I can tell what I've eaten in the past month by the splatters, thats when it gets done. I'm no June Cleaver!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not as often as I should!!
I also need to clean some cereal out from underneath it!!
I noticed the other day.....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um... never? LOL I rarely clean anything minus the litterbox.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The easiest way I've found to clean the microwave is to put a big bowl of water in, turn it on high, and let the water boil over! The steam softens anything that's dried on, and it comes off much more easily.

I also keep a box of baking soda in mine, to keep odors from settling in.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The easiest way I've found to clean the microwave is to put a big bowl of water in, turn it on high, and let the water boil over! The steam softens anything that's dried on, and it comes off much more easily.
I just saw this online where they had cleaning tips

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
At least once a week--I remove the turntable and ring, wash them, and wipe down the insidde, including the inside of the door, with vinegar and water. If something splatters, I always wipe it off immediately. I also use the vinegar/H2O on the outside; it makes it sparkle.

I guess one should do this every day, but who the heck has time for that???

MargeCat

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few times a week, I make home made microwave pop corn so the butter gets all over the inside when I use it.

The easiest way to clean it is put a big pitcher of water inside and let it boil for 5-6 minutes. It should soften any stuck on yucky stuff.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I also keep a box of baking soda in mine, to keep odors from settling in.
Thats a great idea! I usually wipe mine out once a week and wash the tray thats in there the same time- I just throw it in the dishwasher.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, I'm supposed to wipe out the microwave?? Oppps!
I'm really bad about that. Usually, if I can tell what I've eaten in the past month by the splatters, thats when it gets done. I'm no June Cleaver!
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Not as often as I should!! I also need to clean some cereal out from underneath it!!
I noticed the other day.....
Originally Posted by Moz

Um... never? LOL I rarely clean anything minus the litterbox.
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Not often enough. It's overdue
Nice to know I'm in good company.