Anyone else feeding blue spa?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else out there feeding their cats blue spa select? I just bought a small back of the blue spa select mature cat. But after just reading about the rice gluten/rice protein concentrate I am just freaking out! Because it does contain whole ground brown rice and I don't know whether to feed it to them or not. If you have, have they been showing any symptoms?
If I can't, can someone suggest a couple of dry foods that are safe? This is getting to be very frustrating and just disturbing. Every time you think it's a safe product, they add another ingredient? When it this going to end?
Thanks for any input.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe some Blue Spa Select foods were recalled, but honestly cannot remember for sure what ones.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just replied to your first message on this...the Blue Spa Select Kitten dry food was recalled, I gave you a link to the press release, it is for one production run only.

Understandable if you wish to avoid all Blue Spa Select at this time, scroll through this forum to find Sharky's new thread on rice and wheat gluten free dry foods to consider feeding. It sure is frustrating, and frightening

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I just replied to your first message on this...the Blue Spa Select Kitten dry food was recalled, I gave you a link to the press release, it is for one production run only.

Understandable if you wish to avoid all Blue Spa Select at this time, scroll through this forum to find Sharky's new thread on rice and wheat gluten free dry foods to consider feeding. It sure is frustrating, and frightening
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.

hesaidisaidmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of Blue's cans were VOLUNTARILY recalled as well as the kitten food. But don't worry about the mature. I stay in contact with the company and none of the products even tested positive for contamination with anything, but they pulled their products because stuff was being added to teir foods without their permission so they are sueing ANI. But don't worry about your food, it's safe. I fed Spa Select for a while. It's an extremely good food. Stick with it or Fromm.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hesaidIsaidmeow

All of Blue's cans were VOLUNTARILY recalled as well as the kitten food. But don't worry about the mature. I stay in contact with the company and none of the products even tested positive for contamination with anything, but they pulled their products because stuff was being added to teir foods without their permission so they are sueing ANI. But don't worry about your food, it's safe. I fed Spa Select for a while. It's an extremely good food. Stick with it or Fromm.
ALL the RECALLS thus far HAVE BEEN VOLUNTARY

FROMMS is MADE IN CHINA and thus I at this pt wouldnt put it on a safe list:_)

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I worried too because I had picked up a couple cans of the canned food and a bag of the dry. Once I read their notice, I wasn't as concerned as they have really be proactive in testing their foods. My kitties don't much like it anyways so we are just finishing off the bag. They've done their taste test and they prefer the nutro dry for uti health.

If your cats like it though, I wouldn't worry too much, but there are a few grain free foods out there. My cats like the wellness grain free cans.

Devlyn