Please tell me I left it open

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just woke up, getting some sleep after working last night, and walked into the kitchen.

Skimbleshanks the Hobo was in the middle of the kitchen floor, sitting on a ziploc bag of boiled chicken that he'd torn a hole in, and was having himself a VERY large time

Either a)I didn't get the refrigerator door closed all the way, b)the seals on the refrigerator door are wearing out, or c)the Hobo has figured out how to open the refrigerator

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I just woke up, getting some sleep after working last night, and walked into the kitchen.

Skimbleshanks the Hobo was in the middle of the kitchen floor, sitting on a ziploc bag of boiled chicken that he'd torn a hole in, and was having himself a VERY large time

Either a)I didn't get the refrigerator door closed all the way, b)the seals on the refrigerator door are wearing out, or c)the Hobo has figured out how to open the refrigerator 8O
Well if it's C I can PM you the name of the baby locks that we have to use because 8-Bit figured out how to open our refrigerator long ago!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that you refer to your cat as "the Hobo". I think that's hilarious and adorable. I believe I will have to start using that to refer to my little guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Sounds like he has been in cahoots with 8-Bit.
The Hobo is an "8-Bit understudy".....I was afraid to even reply to the post on 8-Bit's visit to the vet. I was afraid that Skimbleshanks might pick up some pointers

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I love that you refer to your cat as "the Hobo". I think that's hilarious and adorable. I believe I will have to start using that to refer to my little guys.
I call Skimbleshanks "The Hobo", because thats what he is
He showed up one day at the railroad dock at my work, riding into town on a freight train from Georgia when he was just an teeny weeny kitten

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Well if it's C I can PM you the name of the baby locks that we have to use because 8-Bit figured out how to open our refrigerator long ago!
How did I know that was coming?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I call Skimbleshanks "The Hobo", because thats what he is
He showed up one day at the railroad dock at my work, riding into town on a freight train from Georgia when he was just an teeny weeny kitten
What a wonderful story! I have trains in my background, too. If there's any more detail, I'd love to hear it -- and do you have pictures?

I feel a country song coming on...

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What a wonderful story! I have trains in my background, too. If there's any more detail, I'd love to hear it -- and do you have pictures?

I feel a country song coming on...
Why, SURE I've got pictures
I wish I'd had a camera when he got off that train....he weighed about a pound and a half and just came trotting right up to our production planner (he already knew about the turkey sandwich in her backpack
), and sat at her feet just staring up at her.

..just got home, still covered in creosote and rail dust..

I think that the little Hobo got onto the train and took a nap, and woke up alone and on the road, because he would barely sleep by himself at first. My main man Mischief was the first one to get over the "new kitten syndrome", and offer him a tail to sleep with

Mischief took the little traveler under his paw and taught him all about "guy cat stuff"...

..and the two have been thick as thieves ever since..and got into as much trouble as thieves as well

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaaaaaaaaw that's so beautiful!!

He's such an adorable little Hobo though isn't he!? Hobos like that can come into my life any day!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet he figured out how to open the fridge.
Good boy Hobo your dad should have left you some chicken before he went to bed and then you wouldn't of had to help yourself. Just out of curiousity where was the rest of the cats while he was eating the chicken.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Why, SURE I've got pictures
I wish I'd had a camera when he got off that train....he weighed about a pound and a half and just came trotting right up to our production planner (he already knew about the turkey sandwich in her backpack
), and sat at her feet just staring up at her.

..just got home, still covered in creosote and rail dust..

I think that the little Hobo got onto the train and took a nap, and woke up alone and on the road, because he would barely sleep by himself at first. My main man Mischief was the first one to get over the "new kitten syndrome", and offer him a tail to sleep with

Mischief took the little traveler under his paw and taught him all about "guy cat stuff"...

..and the two have been thick as thieves ever since..and got into as much trouble as thieves as well

That's the sweetest train kitty ever!
So nice that Mischief accepted him. They look like a terrific pair.

Loose seal, tantalizing smell of chicken, nimble paws -- yes, I'd say he's pulling the door open and helping himself.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I bet he figured out how to open the fridge.
Good boy Hobo your dad should have left you some chicken before he went to bed and then you wouldn't of had to help yourself. Just out of curiousity where was the rest of the cats while he was eating the chicken.
The rest of the tribe was circling like a flock of vultures...but sometime over the last year when no one was watching, Hobo grew to be the biggest of the Jellicles, and is also the 2nd youngest and fastest, and he WILL stand his ground when there is chicken to be had