Suggestion for a new added Forum in here?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mods, (or whoever is in charge), would it be a good idea to create a new Forum to add in here - specifically a "Cat Show" one? Could be a subdivision of the Breeder's Forum if you want.

But then we could post both upcoming show announcements for those interested in seeing a close by show and post your show results (with pics) too

Anyone else like the idea of a separate Cat Show Forum?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good to me - especially now that the breeder's section has more members dropping in and now that we have more show people too!

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would love it. To see and hear more about these champions.

And i would love to start going to shows.just don't know how to find them.
Jenn

saynamore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah that sounds like a great idea, and would love to see show piccies, etc. The only thing I would warn about is under UK gccf rules you are not allowed to adverise which show you will be entering. Simply because there may be judges that get to know this info. The rule is you can be banned from a show if it is found out that you have publicly (spelling?) advertised your entry. So after show news would be brill. Don't know if its the same with other associations?
Chrissy

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that it makes a difference, but just in case it's being considered by number of people in favor.... I'd really like a forum for that!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think its a great idea too!

Originally Posted by saynamore

Yeah that sounds like a great idea, and would love to see show piccies, etc. The only thing I would warn about is under UK gccf rules you are not allowed to adverise which show you will be entering. Simply because there may be judges that get to know this info. The rule is you can be banned from a show if it is found out that you have publicly (spelling?) advertised your entry. So after show news would be brill. Don't know if its the same with other associations?
Chrissy
I read that was the case with GCCF, but as far as I know none of the other show registries have that restriction.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote for it too, would be nice to know what shows are going on with our members attending and/or showing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus you would find out a local show to attend just to meet the cats/owners

I wonder, does GCCF monitor boards like this?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds like it would be a great forum. I have a hard time with being able to find were shows are and when. I bearly have time to come here AND check emails. I never have time to look for an upcoming show and always miss them. If I was to see a show date close enough to me with enough time to enter, I would be able )hopefully) to attend and show my kittens at shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you can bookmark the home pages of CFA, ACFA, and TICA and check the show calendars

While I get flyers at the shows, most are those I'm not gonna attend cause they are too far from me for travel. But I do check CFA/ACFA and make out a future list of the shows I do want to attend, then make a note to check about 2 months prior for flyer and info.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You know you can bookmark the home pages of CFA, ACFA, and TICA and check the show calendars

While I get flyers at the shows, most are those I'm not gonna attend cause they are too far from me for travel. But I do check CFA/ACFA and make out a future list of the shows I do want to attend, then make a note to check about 2 months prior for flyer and info.
Well I guess I could do that couldn't I?
I am alittle slow here

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like the idea, it comes at a nice time. My husband is showing Koda Bear, Blue Mitted Ragdoll in kitten division again. Thunderkatz is hosting the annual OKC TICA show. I am still on bed rest, so this will be my husband's first time showing on his own, but I know he will do fine, and I think 3 ladies, have already, stepped in line to help him, should he need it.

Here are pictures of our big boy at 4 months http://www.familytimerags.com/koda.html This will take you to a link of a few pictures. He is just now 6 months old. He has a few shows coming up, and of course we are looking forward to how he does in adult division.

CFA vote is coming up, I am not sure the date, but the vote to allow the mitted and colorpoint AOV's for championship status, as of right now they only allow the bicolor. I have always shown in TICA, but it would be nice if the vote passes and allows for all of our patterns to be shown.

I wish all of you and your kitties the best of luck in each of their shows!!