Seal Lynx Point Bengal

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there such a thing as Seal Lynx Point Bengal? I just saw one of Petfinder....looks nothing like a Bengal...a few spots, but definately seal point. Just thought I'd ask you guys!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know - but can you give us the link so we can see, please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry! I swear I put the link there....

Here it is!(I think)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

No WAY that cat is a Bengal!
That was my thoughts exactly! Unfortunately...she was a kitty mill cat. Gosh....I can't imagine people payed big $$ for "Bengal" kittens!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there are seal lynx point bengals. They are the only bengals with blue eyes.

The bengal pictured in the link is not top quality for sure, but is none the less a bengal. Im thinking the red glow to the eyes from the flash indicates blue eyes.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are really pointed Bengals!?!? That totally throws me! I learned something today.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The key to identifying the "snow bengals", officially known as the seal, is to look at the eye color.

Seal Mink is green

Seal Lynx Pt. is blue

Seal Sepia is gold/yellow

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Yes, there are seal lynx point bengals. They are the only bengals with blue eyes.

The bengal pictured in the link is not top quality for sure, but is none the less a bengal. Im thinking the red glow to the eyes from the flash indicates blue eyes.
Nial, I just cannot believe that this is a Bengal cat.
Maybe a mix...but you're the breeder.

And I have red eye pictures, and my cats have gold and green eyes, so I don't think red eye = blue eyes.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'll never understand this all!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, well, this is the link I really meant to post. I didn't realize that I had only posted pics. Sorry. Today is just not going well for me.

That is her actual Petfinder page that says she has blue eyes. Also tells her sad story.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm that looked like a siamese mix to me
and the red does happen with flash with cats that have blue eyes, my tessa has blue eyes and she is the only one who gets red eyes and i like it because when i print the pics up it takes out the red eye

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Nial, I just cannot believe that this is a Bengal cat.
Maybe a mix...but you're the breeder.

And I have red eye pictures, and my cats have gold and green eyes, so I don't think red eye = blue eyes.
Betsy, lol....I know the cat doesn't look much like the bengals you've come to know, but I assure you, it most probably is a pure bengal.
Only a DNA test would say for sure.........

The eyes look blue to me around the edges of the pupil. I am probably mistaken about red-eye from flash meaning blue eyes. Thought I heard that somewhere. My green eyed bengals pupils glow green or blue from the flash.

The seal lynx point bengals usually have poor contrast between their back ground color and their spots. If it's a poorly bred bengal and the background color becomes dark, the wash out low contrast effect is even worse, especially as the cat ages.
I believe this is the case with this cat.

Here's a link to a seal lynx point cat of my breeding. She is a pet now, sold as a kitten.
You can see that although her background color is the desirable ivory, her spots don't have that pop that bengals are known for. It is a normal thing with the lynx points.

Click the link, scroll down to the cat named "Taffy"

http://www.bengalshowcats.com/Meridi...lephotos3.html

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

This cat is a Blue Lynx Siamese,I had one just like it,same colores same spripes.
No, it is a bengal. Siamese should not have stripes or spots. This cat has spots.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have def learned something new today on the coloring. I had no idea there was a Melanistic-Solid black Bengal either. Everyday i learn something new here

Jennifer

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tjwharton24

I have def learned something new today on the coloring. I had no idea there was a Melanistic-Solid black Bengal either. Everyday i learn something new here

Jennifer
I saw you're thread, too! Bengals sure come in a variety of colors. I guess I always think of the typical brown/black bengal.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok it does look like a siamese a little bit, but after looking at the picture again 3 times lol the nose looks bengal idk wat it is but for some reason i love bengal noses

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Click the link, scroll down to the cat named "Taffy"

http://www.bengalshowcats.com/Meridi...lephotos3.html
Wow, they're definitely the same, but oh so different! Poor kitty, she deserves a good life now, I hope she finds a good home.

And Nial - I love the pic of Takoda on that page showing his "racing stripes" and glitery paws - so beautiful!