Are people really this stupid?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here reading a profile on a guy on yahoo and he sounds nice but then he states not to eat chinese food due to the murder of cats and dogs and then states for people to not use wool because the animal has to be killed to get it. You DO NOT have to kill an animal to get wool its simply sheered off and if it wasn't the animal would get really over heated in the summer. But what I want to know is how many people are really that dumb.

lil'misskisses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really does amaze me some of the statements people come out with.

Wouldn't it be good if we could sometimes pass along a little common sence to those who seem to need it.!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, people are gullible, they'll believe just about anything.

As for the cats though...there was a Vietnamese restaraunt by the University and well, homeless cats often came up missing when they hung around there.

I'm sure the owners called animal control, but it didn't help the cats + grinder = good asian eating rumors that went around campus.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I read the title only and said yes. I will make that my final answer!
Me too! LOL

I've heard vegans/vegitarians claim that miking a lactating cow hurts it! So NOT true... in fact, it hurts them to not be milked. I actually saw a neat piece on dairy cows yesterday where the cows went into this gated area to be machine milked when ever they felt like it. Pretty cool... lucky cows! They also had the really cool motion sensor bristle brushes that were set at a height where the cow could walk up to it (which will make it start spinning) and rub their head and back on it. Someone needs to make those for cats.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

and then states for people to not eat wool because the animal has to be killed to get it.
I don't know many people who do eat wool although my Siamese, Susie, loved it.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

... You DO NOT have to kill an animal to get wool its simply sheered off and if it wasn't the animal would get really over heated in the summer. But what I want to know is how many people are really that dumb.
Well, I have a problem with all these naked sheep running around!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegans do not use any animal products, including wool and dairy. It has NOTHING to do with them 'being stupid' and thinking that an animal dies to make that product, which is obviously not the case with those that I use as examples - but because those products are part and parcel of a farming process whereby when the animal is no longer of any use it is slaughtered in an abattoire and ends up either on the table as meat suitable for boiling/stewing, or pet food, just the same as if it were bred for meat.

It is the farming/use/disposal cycle that they object to. My brother is vegan so I just want to make this point clear.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Vegans do not use any animal products, including wool and dairy. It has NOTHING to do with them 'being stupid' and thinking that an animal dies to make that product, which is obviously not the case with those that I use as examples - but because those products are part and parcel of a farming process whereby when the animal is no longer of any use it is slaughtered in an abattoire and ends up either on the table as meat suitable for boiling/stewing, or pet food, just the same as if it were bred for meat.

It is the farming/use/disposal cycle that they object to. My brother is vegan so I just want to make this point clear.
That doesn't mean that there aren't misinformed people out there who avoid dairy for the reason I stated. I also never said these people as a whole were stupid... What I was saying is that to believe that milking a dairy cow hurts it is stupid.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That doesn't mean that there aren't misinformed people out there who avoid dairy for the reason I stated. I also never said these people as a whole were stupid... What I was saying is that to believe that milking a dairy cow hurts it is stupid.
It's OK I do realise what you meant

Just that I am always a bit worried that there's going to be an anti-vegan fest with just as much lack of understanding! So I just try to head it off at the pass before it starts

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't know many people who do eat wool although my Siamese, Susie, loved it.
Yeah, I would have to say a person eating wool would be pretty darn stupid.

I've learned thru my job working with the public over the telephone that the vast majority of people walking the streets are shall we say, not so smart. I often wonder how they are able to take care of themselves in this world, and it troubles me to think that I'm sharing this world with them.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's OK I do realise what you meant

Just that I am always a bit worried that there's going to be an anti-vegan fest with just as much lack of understanding! So I just try to head it off at the pass before it starts
Ahh.. trying to avoid further misinformation! Good deal!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Me too! LOL

I've heard vegans/vegitarians claim that miking a lactating cow hurts it! So NOT true... in fact, it hurts them to not be milked. I actually saw a neat piece on dairy cows yesterday where the cows went into this gated area to be machine milked when ever they felt like it. Pretty cool... lucky cows! They also had the really cool motion sensor bristle brushes that were set at a height where the cow could walk up to it (which will make it start spinning) and rub their head and back on it. Someone needs to make those for cats.
I saw that! That was so cool!!!

Yes, unfortunately, people are that ignorant...*sigh*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's not the way I meant it hun, I was typing in a hurry and didn't realize I mis typed. What I meant is that in order to have wool you do not have to kill an animal to get it. Because you simply sheer their excess hair off. I kind of was in too big of a hurry and didn't realize I said eat wool. sorry about that. What I was getting at is who does not know you do not kill the animal in order to get wool matter of fact if sheep aren't sheered they can die from over heating in the summer.