Are you lazier than me?

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been having a very busy stressful month. Lastnight as I was going grocery shopping I passed the paper plates. A little light went off in my head, and I went back, grabbed a pack of cheapo ones and continued shopping.

What did I use the paper plates for? To feed my cats! OK, you can all mock me now. But my gosh it felt so good to just throw them away and go straight to bed. It was like capturing an extra 6 minutes of relaxation.

My girls didn't notice a difference.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to own a horse named Cairo!

I don't use the paper plates but I'm a professional pet sitter and a large number of my clients do on a regular basis.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf has me using paper plates now! He was getting futzy with me for cleaning the cats bowls multiple times a day before I hit the sack! He says "Why not make it easier and the mess less apparent by using a paper plate and then tossing it?" He was really serious lol! So the kitties have been getting their wet food on paper plates! Not lazy at all my friend... Strategy is what i call it!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who does....I think I should invest in some! sure would make things a little easier

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question is: Can you (and should you) recycle the dirty paper plates rather than throwing them away?

Food for thought as we approach Earth Day...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6 bowls that I rotate. I run the dishwasher once a day so some of them are always clean.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've thought about using paper plates for the girls, but I've never tried it. I always wondered if they would skid across the floor as they were trying to eat. I've always used Corelle Ware salad plates for their wet food. They're easy to clean, so it really has never been a problem. I bought a bunch of the plain white ones on sale at Meijer's once, so they were inexpensive too!

Pookie & the girls

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

I've been having a very busy stressful month. Lastnight as I was going grocery shopping I passed the paper plates. A little light went off in my head, and I went back, grabbed a pack of cheapo ones and continued shopping.

What did I use the paper plates for? To feed my cats! OK, you can all mock me now. But my gosh it felt so good to just throw them away and go straight to bed. It was like capturing an extra 6 minutes of relaxation.

To answer your question directly, yes. For example, this morning I cooked myself a pot of oatmeal. When it was done, I poured creme and honey on it and sat it on a pad on the table and ate directly from the pot. Hey, why dirty up a bowl?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I've thought about using paper plates for the girls, but I've never tried it. I always wondered if they would skid across the floor as they were trying to eat. I've always used Corelle Ware salad plates for their wet food. They're easy to clean, so it really has never been a problem. I bought a bunch of the plain white ones on sale at Meijer's once, so they were inexpensive too!

Pookie & the girls
Yes the plates do slide, that is the only downfall! LOL with my cat's the plate ends up half way across the kitchen!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats get table food on paper plates. They would be confused if I put their food on the plates. LoL

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Question is: Can you (and should you) recycle the dirty paper plates rather than throwing them away?

Food for thought as we approach Earth Day...
Strongly agree!!would feel to guilty doing that

Recycle!!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use paper plates for the cats, but that was before they decided they didn't like wet food. so I have a couple of children's cereal bowls that I put their dry food in.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed dry to Trout...I think if I fed wet, I would just rotate a bunch of different ceramic bowls so some are always clean..as per Jenny82

Paper plates just don't seem right

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both boys get their wet food on paper plates. They put a paw on the plat to keep it from sliding around, so we don't have to worry about that.

Now how lazy am I...DH and I typically use paper plates for dinner, unless we know that whatever dinner is will soak through. lol We make sure to buy the heavy duty ones so they hold up. *snicker*

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, I don't use paper plates, but have been tempted at times. The best I ever saw was at the vets where I got Dynah fixed...they were using the little boats that you get small servings of frenchfries in. Cool idea eh?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Now that is a good idea!!! The only problem would be that they would push around to easily and my girls would get frustrated.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats and the rest of us just share the small corningware bowls most of the time- not really any "cat specific" dishes here
. Although, my mom got all of us (me, my sister,and herself) some ceramic, dishwasher safe "cat face" coasters that work really well. I had 6 or 8 of them, now down to about 4 after several years
. I'd tried feeding them on paper plates (or paper bowls) many years ago, and got tired of hearing 4 paper plates sliding across the floor- lick, slide, lick, slide....

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

The cats and the rest of us just share the small corningware bowls most of the time- not really any "cat specific" dishes here
Me too...
They have dedicated dry food and water bowls that stay out all the time, but when they get their wet it's off my plates. I've learned not to tell people about it though, as the first person I did thought I was absolutely disgusting.
It's not like I don't wash them, so I don't see how it's nasty!!