The great treat escape...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear a rustle of a plastic bag... and my heart sinks. DH forgot to put the baby lock on the kitty cabinet! I look over and 8-Bit is carrying a bag of kitty treats into the living room. The other two boys are following him. I was able to rescue the bag, contents intact, without much great protest. I'm sure he would have passed them out and all three of them would have had a grand old time scarfing them all down.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I hear a rustle of a plastic bag... and my heart sinks. DH forgot to put the baby lock on the kitty cabinet! I look over and 8-Bit is carrying a bag of kitty treats into the living room. The other two boys are following him. I was able to rescue the bag, contents intact, without much great protest. I'm sure he would have passed them out and all three of them would have had a grand old time scarfing them all down.
He would have shared?

HA! If Oscar did that, he certainly wouldn't share! lol

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit is in a corner thinking, "Curses. Foiled again!"

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
8-Bit is a very good brother for sharing.
When we came back from holiday once, we found the treat container empty. One of the catsitters hadn't put the lid on properly and the cats knocked it over and feasted on $20 worth of kitty treats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

8-Bit is a very good brother for sharing.
When we came back from holiday once, we found the treat container empty. One of the catsitters hadn't put the lid on properly and the cats knocked it over and feasted on $20 worth of kitty treats.
That too funny!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Sneaky Pie does the same thing, but with food. We've cut back on the amount of food she eats (she will eat, and eat, and eat etc). She's 13 lbs now and needs to lose some weight.

If she has no food in her dish, and she's decided "It's time to feed Sneaky", she'll go and eat out of Mistoflees dish. He's a free-feeder. I wish I could change him, but there's not much I can do when he's 15 years old. So we put his dish into the pantry when he's not eating it. But, if you don't shut the pantry door all the way, Sneaky Pie will open it, and eat the food dish sitting in the pantry
She's also been known to eat the food right out of the container I keep it in

I don't do treats b/c Mistoflees won't eat them, and knowing Sneaky she'd run off with the treat bag too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I thought we were the only ones who had to hid the treats. Molly is addicted but she never destroys the bag. I woke up to the same noise the other morning. DH forgot to dispose of the old bag in the kitchen. Benson pulled it out of the bedroom trashcan. I left it there to see what he would do. During dinner Benson came out of the bedroom with the bag in his mouth growling. He tossed it in the air a few times too hoping something would fall out.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to hide the catnip. Once Sho made off with a bag of it and when I tried to take it way he had a crazy look in his eyes.
He pouted after I took it away.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww you should be sooo proud of him!!! He was going to share!!!
Hehe...he is too funny