Do you ever do this?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do this from time to time and wondered if anyone else does. I go to google and look up sex offenders in my area. It is quite interesting to see if you know anyone on there.
I know it may be odd but I live in a small town so everyone knows everyone and its nice to know just who these predators are!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do it regularly, but have done it in the past. When I worked for animal control, I was threatened once by a man when I was alone at the office (and saved by one of the resident canines!) and after that I was always on my guard and I did check up on it. Since I've moved though, I have not checked in my new area.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost didn't click on this one, as the thread title kinda cuts off at a tricky point!
I did a couple of months ago, and there are a couple in our general side of town, and one that lives about 5 min. away. The scary thing is, the police were searching our neighborhood about a month ago, and the name was the same or similar to the one I looked up. Which reminds me, I've got to go back and check that out- I forgot

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH did at work and there is a lady who lives in one of the buildings here. There are 12 buildings at my apt complex. It's scarey. I found a customer too. I always had weird vibes from him.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I do this from time to time and wondered if anyone else does. I go to google and look up sex offenders in my area. It is quite interesting to see if you know anyone on there.
I know it may be odd but I live in a small town so everyone knows everyone and its nice to know just who these predators are!!
You know, when I "hovered" my cursor over this thread I read "I go to google and look up sex
I just HAD to open the thread.

Anyway - I look up the sex offenders too.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

You know, when I "hovered" my cursor over this thread I read "I go to google and look up sex
I just HAD to open the thread.

Anyway - I look up the sex offenders too.

There are two within a 10 mile radius of our home and we live in the boonies!!
Luckily, my home is on acreage, far off of the road so I always know where my kids are.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed what it said with the hover feature too

Anyway, yeah, I don't do it regularly but I have done it in the past. . I probably will in the near future, too.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, joy, there's a convicted rapist who lives on my BIL and SIL's street. Sheeze...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have checked up on it once in the past, and it was remarkably easy since I live about 500 feet away from a school. I don't do it regularly, and needless to say, there are none registered in my immediate area (there's another school about 2 blocks, or 1/4 of a mile away, in addition to the one on my block). But I was curious.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tried to before (I live in between two elementary schools) but couldn't find anything. I don't know if I wasn't searching hard enough or that type of thing isn't publically available on the internet here.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh god i wish i hadn't of read this thread. I decided to go looking and ive found 3 in my suburb! I really hope they don't still live here.I want to move back to my other house where i know everyone
There's 2 schools within 1km of eachother and im in the middle.

I really hope they're still in jail