In my robe?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sitting here replying to another thread when I felt something move in the sleeve of my robe...I quickly took it off and out ran a tiny gecko
Poor little guy

He ran under the chair and is home safe. I'm hoping the brats don't see him and he hangs out for a little while. He was sooooooo cute too!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you were going to say a cockroach! Ugh! I would be freaking out. They are cute but I don't want them on me or in my clothes with me!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I was sitting here replying to another thread when I felt something move in the sleeve of my robe...I quickly took it off and out ran a tiny gecko
Poor little guy

He ran under the chair and is home safe. I'm hoping the brats don't see him and he hangs out for a little while. He was sooooooo cute too!
Hope he didn't see more than he bargained for!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

The only thing I have ever found in my sleeve is a dryer sheet

So you found a gecko, in your sleeve and its not like a pet?? Umm, ok...thats very odd, but funny

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

So you found a gecko, in your sleeve and its not like a pet?? Umm, ok...thats very odd, but funny
They're very common here in Florida. We have geckos, skinks and lizards EVERYWERE!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They're very common here in Florida. We have geckos, skinks and lizards EVERYWERE!
Ah hah!! Ok, now I got ya!!
So did ya freak out?? I know I would of..lol.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Poor little guy

I think I would have FREAKED OUT!

Just another reason to not retire to Florida.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have freaked out too.
But then I would probably want to keep the little guy.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww...I miss geckos! We had them all the time in Guam. It is nearly impossible to keep them out of the house...kinda like flies. The only time they made me nervous is when I laid down to go to sleep and there was one on the ceiling right above my head. I kept thinking "what if I fall asleep and those little suction cups give out and he falls into my mouth". Those are the nights I slept on my stomach! I had to save many a gecko from the cats though...they would go crazy!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Georgia and we have a lot of lizards and such, too. A business acquaintance was here from the DC area and we got in my car to go someplace. A little green lizard jumped onto the windshield and he SCREAMED! He was this big tough guy and so obnoxious I just can't help laughing when I remember it!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
excitment of the day eh?
when I lived in hawaii my cat Vincent use to bring home geckos as "gifts" instead of birds

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to church one time (around 10yrs old or so) with my pet anole (backyard chameleon
) sleeping in my hair at the back of my neck. I forgot he was there, and he woke up during church and poked his head out and crawled out on my shoulder. I only realized it then because 2 little old ladies behind me were trying to thump him off me- they were afraid I would freak if I saw him
. He sat on my thumb for the rest of church, and my mom missed the rest of the sermon- she kept envisioning that bright green lizard running down the middle of the dark red carpet on his way to the altar!

I wish we had Geckos
! My daughter loves looking for lizards!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

excitment of the day eh?
when I lived in hawaii my cat Vincent use to bring home geckos as "gifts" instead of birds
Mine are known for it also
Originally Posted by catsallover

I went to church one time (around 10yrs old or so) with my pet anole (backyard chameleon
) sleeping in my hair at the back of my neck. I forgot he was there, and he woke up during church and poked his head out and crawled out on my shoulder. I only realized it then because 2 little old ladies behind me were trying to thump him off me- they were afraid I would freak if I saw him
. He sat on my thumb for the rest of church, and my mom missed the rest of the sermon- she kept envisioning that bright green lizard running down the middle of the dark red carpet on his way to the altar!

I wish we had Geckos
! My daughter loves looking for lizards!
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Ohh how cute!! Did he try to sell you car insurance??
I bet that was hilarious!