What is he trying to tell us?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so here is the deal for the past several days Ping seems to be trying to tell us something but I don't know what. Here are 2 examples of what has going on. The other day me and the hubby were both sitting our computers. Ping came and hopped on my lap and got right in my face, the got down and hopped in hubby's lap and did the same thing. This happened for several minutes. Finally he got down and went in the kitchen and laid down and just watched us. Then yesterday hubby was in the bathroom shaving and getting ready for work. And hubby wears a belt clip with his keys on it. Well Ping came in the bathroom and slapped his keys and then hopped on the counter and just stared at him. After a few mintues Ping hopped down and came back to the kitchen. But he seemed kinda antsy he would lay down for a mintue than get back up walk around then lay back down. Then he finally settled somewhere till bed time.

Other than that he is acting and eating normally. So what could he be trying to tell us if anything. Maybe I am reading to much into all of this. But I have wondered if he wants another furry friend around here. What do ya'll think he is trying to tell us?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been feeding and giving him attention at regular times? Cats are very much creatures of routine and imho if you have changed his routine he might be reacting to that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Have you been feeding and giving him attention at regular times? Cats are very much creatures of routine and imho if you have changed his routine he might be reacting to that.
No our routine has not changed at all. He gets fed at roughly (give or take a little either way) at the same times everyday. He gets tons of attention and affection from all of us. and he has tons of tons that he either plays with on his own or with us. Oh and I just remembered hubby said that he has saw a new cat in the neighborhood. He has not been able to get close to this cat but he does know its a black and white. Could he sense another cat around even though he is strictly an inside cat?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday does that when he's ready for my attention. Just a few minutes ago I was sitting here at my computer (actually doing work) and he hopped in my lap and kissed all over my face. Sweet but it takes a few hours to get all his hair off! Hemmy does it too but it's usually because he wants a warm place to nap!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I am very familiar with catspeak. He is definitely saying I want a friend
Completely reaching out and saying "Hey, I am right here! Play with me!"
. Maia is the all time, in your face, give me some love, kitty! She is also great with the stare downs! If I don't comply to her need of attention, she will curl up somewhere and pretend she is going to sleep with this mopey face and just her eyes follow me, it is truly powerful

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is also great with the stare downs! If I don't comply to her need of attention, she will curl up somewhere and pretend she is going to sleep with this mopey face and just her eyes follow me, it is truly powerful
I know this face
My kitty always meows loads in the kitchen but not because he wants food. He meows and rolls around so I could stroke him and love him. He also lets me know when he is entering the room by making a little trill noise to announce himself
It is soo sweet. I used to get worried but now I know that he is just shouting for attention. Although I do think that a little playmate will be a good thing a bit later on!