Royal Canin- new recall

sasha4848

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Royal Canin is the third company that received the contaminated RPC.

From http://www.petconnection.com/blog/20...states-recall/

This just released by Royal Canin US:

It is with sincere regret that I inform you of a new and unfortunate development with some of our pet food products.

Although we have no confirmed cases of illness in pets, we have decided to voluntarily remove the following dry pet food products that contain rice protein concentrate due to the presence of a melamine derivative.

ROYAL CANIN SENSIBLE CHOICEÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] (available in pet specialty stores nationwide)

Dry Dog Food
- Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Senior
- Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Puppy
- Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Adult
- Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Senior
- Rice & Catfish Meal Formula Adult

ROYAL CANIN VETERINARY DIETâ„¢ (available only in veterinary clinics)

Dry Dog Food
- Canine Early Cardiac EC 22â„¢
- Canine Skin Support SS21â„¢

Dry Cat Food
- Feline Hypoallergenic HP23â„¢

We are taking this proactive stance to voluntarily recall these products to avoid any confusion for our customers about which Royal Canin USA products are safe and which products may be affected.

Pet owners should immediately stop feeding their pets the Royal Canin USA dry pet food products listed above. Pet owners should consult with a veterinarian if they are concerned about the health of their pet. No other Royal Canin diets are affected by this recall and CONTINUE TO BE safe for pets to eat.

In addition, Royal Canin USA will no longer use any Chinese suppliers for any of our vegetable proteins.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for posting the RC recall info....

Here is a quick link to the RC site....
http://www.royalcanin.us/

Please call the companies who make your pet's food and insist that they test all additives used in their food.

If they hear from enough of us....
it might make a difference.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update on RC - we are currently using the Beauty & Fit or the Special 33 (sensitive stomachs) ones.

Those 2 are the ones Charlie's breeder is using.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Thanks for the update on RC - we are currently using the Beauty & Fit
That's the kind I feed Reilly & Sydney too....hopefully they don't later include it in the recall as well

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 bags - one open and in a container. So I checked the ingredients on the side - doesn't contain (as far as I can tell) the problem stuff.

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the update on RC - we are currently using the Beauty & Fit or the Special 33 (sensitive stomachs) ones.

Those 2 are the ones Charlie's breeder is using.
I was using the Special 33 & Light 37. I just exchanged my two unopened bags the other day because of the wheat gluten & corn gluten. I was just too worried to start the new bags.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched from Special 33 to California Natural. Special 33 has wheat gluten and corn gluten meal. I just do not want to take a chance especially after RC has started recalls.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't have the 33 bag anymore, will take your word on it. I am sticking to the Beauty & Fit right now
That is likely safer since it only has corn and corn gluten