Sanjaya is on Jay Leno

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont really watch this show but o my, Sanjaya is on :shock: this is crazy hes getting so "famous" for being horrible!

He just said hes thankful his fans likes his singing, and most are young kids lol or something like that

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, everyone on American Idol is famous for being horrible! Sanjaya just had the best hair

Well, I shouldn't say "everyone"...but basically, and kep in mind that I'm a classically trained musician with almost perfect pitch (which is the reason I don't WATCH American Idol...it gives me big headaches), the really good singers get voted off fairly earlier and the "hotties" and controversial ones stay on and win. IMO, you're not an "artist" or a "musician" or a "singer" until you've had some training, understand at least BASIC music theory (we're not talking Shenker analysis here) and can read and write your own music! I've been training for like 14 years and will never have the exposure these folks do, despite my infinitely superior abilities. Well, I can't sing. But I can at last read music!

:deepbreath: Ok, ok. I've calmed down now. This show is one of my BIG pet peeves...can you tell????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the minute i saw him on there i changed the channel
tell me when it's over!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya hes coming on tho i do believe as a guest jay said he didnt want to wait till later to meet him
so they brought him out real quick but i do believe he will be back !

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

the really good singers get voted off fairly earlier and the "hotties" and controversial ones stay on and win. IMO, you're not an "artist" or a "musician" or a "singer" until you've had some training, understand at least BASIC music theory (we're not talking Shenker analysis here) and can read and write your own music!
I am sorry then that you have no idea who Melinda Doolittle is. I can not wait to buy her recordings. This is a talented, talented woman, who is professional, and a true joy to listen to.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I am sorry then that you have no idea who Melinda Doolittle is. I can not wait to buy her recordings. This is a talented, talented woman, who is professional, and a true joy to listen to.
She the one who sang Gershwin? If so, she's the only one on this cycle who is worth listening to...like I said, there's always one or two, and they NEVER seem to actually win. Too bad the Gershwin was lost on all the 12 year olds more concerned with Sanjaya's hair
Jennifer Hudson is also a good Soul/gospel singer. She's never make it at the Met, but in that particular genre...she outsang Beyonce in Dreamgirls by...a lot. She was trained and known a little in that particular circuit in Chicago from what I understand.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

She the one who sang Gershwin? If so, she's the only one on this cycle who is worth listening to...like I said, there's always one or two, and they NEVER seem to actually win. Too bad the Gershwin was lost on all the 12 year olds more concerned with Sanjaya's hair
Jennifer Hudson is also a good Soul/gospel singer. She's never make it at the Met, but in that particular genre...she outsang Beyonce in Dreamgirls by...a lot. She was trained and known a little in that particular circuit in Chicago from what I understand.
I don't remember, but I think so. I do believe no matter where she finishes, she will get a record contract. I just love her voice, her presentation. It is refreshing to watch a performer who doesn't have a bored look in their eyes while singing