Ever injured yourself and have no idea how you did it?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning and my shoulder was killing me, like I seriously did something to it, although I have no idea what. The whole day, the more I used my arm the weaker it got. Then when I was out to dinner tonight I wacked my elbow (alittle ways up from the funny bone) on a corner of a wall behind me and that just made things worse. I now have slight pain in my fingers and the area I hit is really sore, and my whole arm just feels weak.

Maybe I did something in my NyQuil induced coma in the last few days that I don't remember

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you sleep on it wrong maybe? I've done that before and didn't know what I did to make it hurt. The only reason my arm hurts is because I got a shot yesterday and it hurt like hell when I got it too.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was my thought as well...sleeping on it wrong.

I get bruises that I can't remember getting but that's about it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could have even lifted something the wrong way a few days ago.
DH has shoulder pain sometimes, his is caused because his spine is slightly curved. And bad posture certainly doesn't help.

I have problems with bruises, I'll get them on my legs and have no idea from what. I've only recently realized that it takes a couple days for a bruise to show on me, by then I've already forgot what happened to cause it.

(after posting and seeing the other comments... I see that's a common problem
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You could have even lifted something the wrong way a few days ago.
DH has shoulder pain sometimes, his is caused because his spine is slightly curved. And bad posture certainly doesn't help.

I have problems with bruises, I'll get them on my legs and have no idea from what. I've only recently realized that it takes a couple days for a bruise to show on me, by then I've already forgot what happened to cause it.

(after posting and seeing the other comments... I see that's a common problem
)
Well I have Kyphosis and Scoliosis. My posture is an issue that's been raised lately with my Carpal Tunnel problems. I was thinking maybe that has something to do with it.

I've been sick the past few days so I literally have done nothing *lol* I cleaned the bathroom yesterday but I doubt you can injure yourself cleaning the toilet *lol*

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I cleaned the bathroom yesterday but I doubt you can injure yourself cleaning the toilet *lol*
Oh you can...by losing your balance, slipping and hitting your head on the bathtub.

If you have any anti-inflammatory meds or even some ibuprofen and try carefully stretching it a bit it might help work the soreness out.
Sorry to hear you've been really sick

Lucky me, my MIL passed her cold and now I have a horrible cough.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wake up with random bruises and pains
idk how tho, but the other day i had the pain in my elbow and couldnt really do anything it hurt so bad, its worse with the tingling imo lol !! But I wake up in the weirdest ways due to the kitties, i swear they move me in my sleep
and half the time i wake up almost off the bed
So u are not alone with the random pains and not knowing what caused them

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i always wind up with weird bruises and sore muscles and have no idea where i got them from
i'm always running into things and being clumsy,...go figure

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, when my back hurts after sleeping....chances are I was sleeping on a Dorky Fish.
Now that I get up in the middle of the night for feedings, I seem to have a lot of beat up knuckles & bruised shins. I have no vision in the dark, I am blind with the lights out.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I have no vision in the dark, I am blind with the lights out.
Welcome to my world!! I am sooo blind without my glasses/contacts!!! (left eye is a -5.00 and the right is a -4.75
) i've gotten soo used to those feedings at weird hours though that i've memorized where everything is so that i can do it blind if necessary
i always go back to bed afterwards and wake up with weird cuts/scratches all over me and never even remember them happening from those feedings

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Welcome to my world!! I am sooo blind without my glasses/contacts!!! (left eye is a -5.00 and the right is a -4.75
) i've gotten soo used to those feedings at weird hours though that i've memorized where everything is so that i can do it blind if necessary
i always go back to bed afterwards and wake up with weird cuts/scratches all over me and never even remember them happening from those feedings
I don't wear glasses. I just cannot see in the dark without light. I sleep with a nightlight.
Otherwise, I can't see a darn thing....I can hardly make out white Ophelia in the dark.

As for not moving anything....apparently the kitties find it funny to move things. Or else Lily weaves in & out of my legs hoping I'll fall. I swear....if they move that light switch one more time.....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I woke up this morning and my shoulder was killing me, like I seriously did something to it, although I have no idea what. The whole day, the more I used my arm the weaker it got. Then when I was out to dinner tonight I wacked my elbow (alittle ways up from the funny bone) on a corner of a wall behind me and that just made things worse. I now have slight pain in my fingers and the area I hit is really sore, and my whole arm just feels weak.

Maybe I did something in my NyQuil induced coma in the last few days that I don't remember
It sounds like a pinched nerve to me (but I'm NOT a doctor so don't take my word for it!). There are nerves around your rotater cup in your shoulder that can get compressed and cause pain and numbness in your entire arm. You may want to check this out with a doctor. I don't know if carpel tunnel would effect this or not but if it keeps bothering you, definitely get it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how that goes all to well!!

I'm a pretty bad sleep-walker, so I tend to wake up with odd nicks and bangs all the time that come from who knows where!
I'm also night-blind, so just trying to navigate the house at night is bad enough, let alone when I'm asleep!!
It's a bit scary at times, I worry that I'll actually hurt myself badly one time.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well I have Kyphosis and Scoliosis. My posture is an issue that's been raised lately with my Carpal Tunnel problems. I was thinking maybe that has something to do with it.
I have some mild carpal tunnel too, and my arms will go completely numb occasionally if I've been sleeping on them. It's pretty scary, it feels like a dead weight, I can't move them at all and I can't feel anything though them (someone could probably cut them off and I wouldn't know). Sometimes I worry if I'll twist or break my arms in my sleep because I can't feel them.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I find bruises on me all the time, and I always wonder how I did it.

I asked my husband one time if he beat me up when I was sleeping.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, bruises all the time.

Before boyfriend and I moved in together, I use to wake up with bruises all over my arms. I finally figured out that I was smacking the wall at night when I turned.

Now boyfriend offers a nice buffer between me and the wall

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mild scoliosis, and that happens to me in spells
. Sometimes, it takes days for it to feel better, especially when I rollover on it in my sleep, and make it worse (again...). Advil every 4-6 hours (or whatever it is that the bottle says
) usually helps me. Getting 4 inches of regular foam mattress toppers and using 2 memory foam mattress toppers on top of that has greatly reduced my back (and related) pains!
I hope you feel better soon!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Getting 4 inches of regular foam mattress toppers and using 2 memory foam mattress toppers on top of that has greatly reduced my back (and related) pains!
DH and I did this back in December, we got two 4 inch memory foam toppers.

Short of getting a foam mattress (which I think are $1,000+) it's probably the best thing we could do. I had problems with pressure points on my knees and shoulders and would have a lot of pain, that has almost completely disappeared now. It's also helped his shoulder and back.

We went with the largest size since it cost the same and trimmed it to fit the bed... easier said than done
.. the spare foam makes wonderful cushion pillows and ..cat beds. Sho is particularly fascinated with the way he sinks into it.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! Where did you find 4 inch ones? Mine are only 2"- hence the multiple layers!
We also have the memory foam pillows- it took a little while to get used to them, but now we love them!