TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Reeses sat with us on the couch! *gasp*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reeses sat with us on the couch! *gasp*

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
For the first time, atleast with the both of us, Reeses actually got up on the couch and laid down next to us while we watched TV *and* she listened to me. My wife was laying down and Reeses was at her feet. My wife moved so I could sit down, but when I did, Reeses moved. I said "That's ok kitty, you can sit here" and I patted the couch cushion. She walked over, looked at me as if to say "Really?" and I kept reassuring her and then she jumped up and laid down. It didn't last long, only about 5 minutes. I kept resting my hand on her and petting her and I think that invaded her personal space too much *lol* She got down and a few minutes later went to the other couch, which she recently discovered too.
post #2 of 15
There must be something strange going on in the universe. Lucy joined us on the couch and let me hold her for about 10 minutes. She usually goes upstairs and sleeps on the bed while we're watching TV. Then she decided it was time to go whack Carly.

Congrats on being acknowledged by the queen of the household.
post #3 of 15
Awww how sweet - doesn't it make you feel so special?? Stumpy recently started being affectionate towards us as well. She's started sleeping on the bed, which she doesn't normally do, then 2 nights ago, she was actually snuggled up against me which I was amazed about!

And last weekend I was at the computer doing an assignment and my lap was in a bit of a sunny spot, and she came and jumped into my lap, and curled up there purring away!!! I was so amazed I yelled for DH to come have a look! She only stayed 5 minutes, but that was impressive for her!
post #4 of 15
There is something crazy going on in the universe Jana, because Sophia cuddled with me for an hour yesterday...that never happens...Way to go Reese's and Lucy and Stumpy...big breakthroughs
post #5 of 15
I think it has something to do with spring coming, because the last few days Monster, our little drug addict (she has to be given phenobarbital every night to prevent seizures so she is constantly stoned) is usually anitsocial but has been playing with us and the other kitties like crazy! This morning I came into the living room to find her up on the couch demanding luvins from my hubby. I swear, its either spring or her pills are super strong this month!
post #6 of 15
Yep, something is up for sure. Clyde has started sleeping on our bed (new, deaf cat, started out by hiding in the basement), and Elsa also actually slept on the bed at the same time! (She's very shy)
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
It's odd but even with the couch episode, tonight she hasn't been on our bed once. She usually sleeps there every night but tonight she's been either on the floor or out in the hall. She came on the bed twice for about a minute. Once to get in my face and just look at me before getting down and another to just nead down the comforter for a few seconds and then got down.

I put on some Icy Hot for my shoulder, maybe she's offended by it?
post #8 of 15
I've noticed that the cats have changed their positions too. I let them out onto the front porch last night (its enclosed) and since then Luna has changed the windows she hangs out in.

Whitey hopped up onto the bed with me (really more bugging me to play with him since I worked on a paper all last night) and Beauty is cuddling in bed.

Spring is COMING!!!
post #9 of 15
yay!!!!weren't you just saying you were hoping for that in another thread?
my bentley just started doing that, I think he knows we're moving or either that he just gets settled in and starts doing the lap thing then we move
post #10 of 15
Give her some scrithes from me for her big accomplishment.
post #11 of 15
wow way to go reesees trust is good.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC View Post
I put on some Icy Hot for my shoulder, maybe she's offended by it?
In my house that would have the opposite effect.

I use a spray on liquid that has a menthol smell to it and for some reason Chester absolutely fell in love with it.

One night out of the blue he started rubbing his head on my knee and making little noises. Then started to nip at the blanket.

At first I was worried but now on nights that I don't use it he doesn't come for his usual kneading and cuddle session.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat View Post
In my house that would have the opposite effect.

I use a spray on liquid that has a menthol smell to it and for some reason Chester absolutely fell in love with it.

One night out of the blue he started rubbing his head on my knee and making little noises. Then started to nip at the blanket.

At first I was worried but now on nights that I don't use it he doesn't come for his usual kneading and cuddle session.
My Corky LOVES muscle rub! I wasn't sure what was up with her a few nights ago. I put some rub on DH shoulder the other night, and all of a sudden she is licking my knee, purring, cooing, and just going to town. Once I finally got her off me, my knee felt hot and I realized I probably dried my hands on my sweatpants. All the other cats can't stand that smell but for some reason she loves it! I guess it won't hurt her (she's still alive)...but I don't understand how she can stand the taste!
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC View Post
For the first time, atleast with the both of us, Reeses actually got up on the couch and laid down next to us while we watched TV *and* she listened to me. My wife was laying down and Reeses was at her feet. My wife moved so I could sit down, but when I did, Reeses moved. I said "That's ok kitty, you can sit here" and I patted the couch cushion. She walked over, looked at me as if to say "Really?" and I kept reassuring her and then she jumped up and laid down. It didn't last long, only about 5 minutes. I kept resting my hand on her and petting her and I think that invaded her personal space too much *lol* She got down and a few minutes later went to the other couch, which she recently discovered too.
Alley never joins us on the couch, but she is always in bed with us. Go figure!
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ok she joined us on the bed last night, so I guess maybe my Icy Hot was offending her. My wife thinks so too She originally came in and was doing kitty sniffs in the air and didn't look happy *lol* Then she came up to me and got in my face, I'm thinking now to say "Is that you??" Then she tried settling down between us but was standing there trying to think of what to do. THEN she slept on the floor in front of the bed, probably trying to get downwind. Then she gave up and slept in the hall. I was up most of the night anyway and she stayed with me in here, but I guess the scent wasn't as overpowering then *lol*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Reeses sat with us on the couch! *gasp*