If you love chocolate, read this!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AUGH! I take my chocloate seriously these days (a recent thing for me, just in the past 2 years). And now, they are proposing to lessen the standards for what goes into chocolate, the very essence of it (Imo).

Please go here:http://dontmesswithourchocolate.guit.../howtohelp.asp to read about how to post a comment to the FDA comments section. You can read all the details on the proposed changes by clicking on the "What's This About" button at the top of this page I've linked to.

As someone going more and more to 'real' foods, the last thing I want to see is them to mess with my chocolate.

GRRRRRRRRR!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEEP! I need to read this...

I'm back...I think they already have stuff like they are describing. It's your really cheap chocolate or "chocolate flavored coating" which I avoid at all costs.

Chocolate is my drug of choice and I want the good stuff!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't used to like chocolate but in the last few years I have become quite a little choc-o-holic!
I'll go check out the link now , Thanks Pat!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How odd that they'd think no one would notice the taste difference or complain... then again people eat Hersey's and it's horrible gritty stuff.

As long as it doesn't affect brands like Lindt or Godiva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

EEEP! I need to read this...

I'm back...I think they already have stuff like they are describing. It's your really cheap chocolate or "chocolate flavored coating" which I avoid at all costs.

Chocolate is my drug of choice and I want the good stuff!
Well the reason I took it so seriously, is that I was notifed by Sees chocolates about this, as one of their customers. They are concerned and encouraging folks to comment, so I felt it was important to go comment.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

How odd that they'd think no one would notice the taste difference or complain... then again people eat Hersey's and it's horrible gritty stuff.

As long as it doesn't affect brands like Lindt or Godiva.
Oh so you're a chocolate snob eh?

Chocolate is chocolate to me unless it's fat or sugar free

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't I hear a while back there is going to be a chocolate shortage?! And that the prices were going to go sky high.
Maybe they have to change things because of that....just a thought.

strange_wings - Hershey's is my fav!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Oh so you're a chocolate snob eh?
Once you eat the decent stuff the cheaper brands taste awful.

And unless you have to have sugar free stuff, eating it is just pointlessly torturing your taste buds.

Originally Posted by stormy

strange_wings - Hershey's is my fav!!
Hershey's burns my mouth and throat if I eat it.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Once you eat the decent stuff the cheaper brands taste awful.

And unless you have to have sugar free stuff, eating it is just pointlessly torturing your taste buds.

Hershey's burns my mouth and throat if I eat it.
The only chocolate I regret eating is a fat free, sugar free fudgicle that only had 35 calories...

I actually made a thread about it, it was so bad *lol*

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with strange_wings. I eat Godiva and lindt. I can eat the cheap stuff if I'm desperate but its nowhere near as good.

I went to the site and submitted my comments. I take my chocolate very seriously and they better not mess with it!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope they don't mess with Dark Chocolate. They've proven that Dark Chocolate is not only delicious. But it's very good for you. It helps to prevent heart trouble and cancer.