I'm Unemployed

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been laid off. At the end of the day the boss called me and Lance into the office and said due to downsizing I am being let go.. I'll get a small severance and 3 weeks to find different insurance. This just reinforces the urge to move to Ohio. I think once I find the unemployment office and get things set up here I'm going to fix the blue car and go to Ohio myself. That way I can make a start for us in Ohio.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your unemployment- and I know how it feels
I was unemployed for 7 months. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol. Thanks. But don't be sorry. I'm not.

I knew it would come sooner or later. You can't downsize a company by 80% and not expect a downsize in employment positions either.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is rough...but look at the bright side hon- now you have an opportunity and the freedom to persue something you want- like moving to Ohio! And who knows- maybe you'll find a much better job/place there
I know you can do it if that's what you want!

oregon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry. I have been unemployed myself before and now to pay up the cc have to go for two jobs & ot.
Hope your situations will work out soon. But why Ohio. I mean... I was born there. After a week my family returned to italy. Now I'd have to say that I am quite happy to be in Portland OR. I'd say check us out (unless you are a republican, then go right ahead)
wish you the best to you and your two and four footed family all the same.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont know what type of work you do. But well there is not alot of work in ohio also. just wanted to tell you

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oregon

I am sorry. I have been unemployed myself before and now to pay up the cc have to go for two jobs & ot.
Hope your situations will work out soon. But why Ohio. I mean... I was born there. After a week my family returned to italy. Now I'd have to say that I am quite happy to be in Portland OR. I'd say check us out (unless you are a republican, then go right ahead)
wish you the best to you and your two and four footed family all the same.
Ohio is where my family and hubbys family are from. I don't really have family I care to socialize with there now. But hubby does. So that's why.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...that's too bad

I wish you the best in searching for a new job. Hopefully everything works out.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really can't say anything that others haven't already. Except for these cliches: When one door closes, another opens, and everything happens for a reason.

I'm glad you are thinking positively, and I'm here if you need me!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohio is a great place to live, at least I think so
what part exactly are you coming to? there's a few of us in NE Ohio, in the Cleveland area

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m so sorry for you unemploye....

))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Sending good vibes to you find soon a best and better job soon!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Ohio is a great place to live, at least I think so
what part exactly are you coming to? there's a few of us in NE Ohio, in the Cleveland area
Well I'm not exactly sure. Lance's mother is in Waverly Ohio. And I do know there are not many jobs there. I'll likely stay with her for a short time though.

Lance's brother lives in Grove City. I know it's bigger than Waverly and would offer more choices.

I'd like to be in Chillicothe. When we lived in Ohio as a kid we had friends there. I fell in love with the town then. So I think it would be a good choice. At any rate we will not be far away from Columbus.

Btw Lance is originally from London, and I lived in a little town called Bloomingsburg.