Almost hit a cat today

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning on my way to work I noticed a cat wandering along the side of the road. This immediately got my attention because a) this was in an industrial area where there's not too many houses so cats are unusual to see, and b) this cat was soooo beautiful that I wanted to get a good look at her. So as I was slowing down, didn't she run in front of my car, and I had to slam on my tires (squealing all the way, mind you) as hard as anything to stop. I was just sick because it took the cat a split second longer than I expected to come out on the other side of the car so I was sure that I had run over the poor thing.

Oh I'm just sick thinking about it again. I guess we were both lucky this morning. I hope the kitty got home to where it belongs safely (if it belongs anywhere at all...). So please, give your kitties an extra snuggle tonight, to help keep them safe.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess kitty is down to 8 lives now. I know how nerve wracking that can be. Now living in the country I'm always watching for cats and dogs (and deer and goats and well, anything with 4 legs!), especially down our dirt road because since I feed so many of the barn cats, they hear my car and come out to "greet" me. Many times, when I'm late feeding them, I've had to stop the car in the middle of the road and do a head count.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

This morning on my way to work I noticed a cat wandering along the side of the road. This immediately got my attention because a) this was in an industrial area where there's not too many houses so cats are unusual to see, and b) this cat was soooo beautiful that I wanted to get a good look at her. So as I was slowing down, didn't she run in front of my car, and I had to slam on my tires (squealing all the way, mind you) as hard as anything to stop. I was just sick because it took the cat a split second longer than I expected to come out on the other side of the car so I was sure that I had run over the poor thing.

Oh I'm just sick thinking about it again. I guess we were both lucky this morning. I hope the kitty got home to where it belongs safely (if it belongs anywhere at all...). So please, give your kitties an extra snuggle tonight, to help keep them safe.
Every time I read a story like this, I am glad that my cats are restricted from ever going outside.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Every time I read a story like this, I am glad that my cats are restricted from ever going outside.
I've lost a cat like this before and its awful. Never again.

So glad you didn't hit the kitty and I hope it finds it way home safely.