How to stop a blister??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From all the raking and sweeping I've done this week I can feel a blister coming at the base of my right thumb. I wear gloves and switch off hands but its only going to get worse. Any ideas how to prevent it from worsening (don't suggest stop doing what I've been doing-its not gonna happen
)

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is not much that I am aware of to stop a blister except to cover it with a bandage, and .... stop using that area because it will only make it bigger..sorry..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some Nu-Skin (liquid bandaid) and put in on the area
Also, Blister blocks work too (the things you put on the back of your ankles to keep shoes from rubbing and creating blisers
get the nude color and put it on your hands.) The best way to stop a blister is to have a barrier between the skin that relieves friction.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

...Also, Blister blocks work too (the things you put on the back of your ankles to keep shoes from rubbing and creating blisers
get the nude color and put it on your hands.)...
Are you talking about these, from Band-Aid?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp79971_33...r_cushions.htm

I had a sample one that worked pretty well. You are supposed to keep it on for several days, but mine came off after getting wet. I think it helped heal the blister.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Are you talking about these, from Band-Aid?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp79971_33...r_cushions.htm

I had a sample one that worked pretty well. You are supposed to keep it on for several days, but mine came off after getting wet. I think it helped heal the blister.
yes!! i love them!!! i used to use them all the time when i ran track/cross country a few years back! they sooo saved my feet!
Also they can be cut to size (if you want to cut them do it with the backing still on so the adhesive doesn't get on the scissors and make it hard to cut) Then put it on. Also- they make mole skin and other things like that which work well to!