Easier way to make her poop?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jade is a very opinionated lil girl. She likes to be on her own four paws. However, when I stimulate her to go pee/poop, I hold her upright. She screams the entire time at the top of her lungs, not to mention scratches at me. It's not quite nice at 3 am when the rest of my family is sleeping!

Is there an easier way to get her to poop? Or some way to make it not so dreadful for all of us?

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have her on all four paws, and sort of put her head under your elbow and hold her under your arm - Then lift up her tail with the hand on the arm you are holding her with, and wipe with the other hand!

Hope that makes sense!

I know what you are going through, Portia was exactly the same! She hated butt wiping time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not real thrilled with it either, TBH!
I will have to try you're trick next potty time!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

And don't worry about the squealing either - Portia used to squeal up a storm, but you just get used to it
I don't mind it too much, its the rest of the family who are running out of patience!

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my BBs squall up a storm when going poop. I think it's just the nature of the beast. I can see why it would be jarring. When mom does it, they are all snug in the nest still. I hold them over a paper plate lol!
I call it the Poop Plate and the whole mess is the diaper.

Devlyn

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No wonder Jade was being so vocal. Tonight, I was stimulating her & lordy! I think she pooped out another whole kitten!
She was burping & farting up a storm & I just kept rubbing her belly & petting her for like 5 minutes after she ate. She finally started crying to go potty, so I stimulated her.....& that's when she pooped out a second kitten.

But....I just fed her & stimulted her again(she didn't pee before). She still screamed her little eyes out. I think she's just a vocal lil Diva!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it amazing just how much they can poop?

Portia was backed up once when she was a kitten, and when she finally did go it was an inch in diameter!! I couldn't believe it! It literally was longer than she was!

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

No wonder Jade was being so vocal. Tonight, I was stimulating her & lordy! I think she pooped out another whole kitten!
She was burping & farting up a storm & I just kept rubbing her belly & petting her for like 5 minutes after she ate. She finally started crying to go potty, so I stimulated her.....& that's when she pooped out a second kitten.

But....I just fed her & stimulted her again(she didn't pee before). She still screamed her little eyes out. I think she's just a vocal lil Diva!
I had to LOL at this. I always figured that I wouldn't be happy either if someone was intensely rubbing my butt telling me to go potty.

(and my kittens have pooped those poops where you think it's gonna split the kitten in half! I always feel so bad for them, lol)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW ... I cant imagine you having a diva..lol... good luck