Innova Evo????? Need Opinions!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I purchased a bag of Innova Evo for the Cats (8 months and 5 years) they were on Wellness but I decided to make a switch hopefully for the better! Anyways they are on a wet/dry diet at the moment... Between the two of them they get 1/2 a can of Felidae Chicken and Rice in the morning, then when I leave for work they get a little dry food (about 1/2 a cup each) and then at night they get the other 1/2 of Their felidae wet! Is this a reasonable combination? They dont eat full cans by themselves in one day, since they are still adjusting to their combination diet. Eventually I may go for an all wet diet but I am trying this first (raw is to iffy for me, because I don't have the experience with it)! I want some feed back on the Innova Evo dry (I was going to get Raw Instinct but the store didn't have it) in combination with wet food (Felidae in my case)! I read a little about the product but I sure could use some personal opinions as well! Thanks!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll leave it to the experts to give you opinions on the food, but neither of my cats would eat it. If yours like it, I've heard it's a very good food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm lets hope they do! Im sure the kitten will eat anything... Its my older cat that is picky!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I and the two vets prefer the Raw insticts... If I get time I will pm you

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know but they didnt have it at the store I went to... I thought they did! The cats were out of dry so I had to settle! It was around 7pm so there was no way I would have made it to a private pet store to get some!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it isnt indefinte but needed something in the meantime! I saw Natural Balance and Chicken Noodle Soup dry and decided against both! The EVO was the best option at this store! I feel bad I have swithced my kitties food so much! First they were on Nutro, then I switched them to Wellness (dry/wet), now they get Felidae Wet and are going to get EVO dry in the meantime! Im suprised they tolerate it so well!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Yeah it isnt indefinte but needed something in the meantime! I saw Natural Balance and Chicken Noodle Soup dry and decided against both! The EVO was the best option at this store! I feel bad I have swithced my kitties food so much! First they were on Nutro, then I switched them to Wellness (dry/wet), now they get Felidae Wet and are going to get EVO dry in the meantime! Im suprised they tolerate it so well!
well all were good foods.... the changes in hard to didest ingrediants werent there

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet Id feel bad if I made my kitties have serious stomach upset! I like to mix things up, especially when I learn new things I want them to try it out! They never get bored with their food... That is for sure! I read somewhere that there is alot of ash in the EVO... what is a decent level?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ASH in EVO is HIGH ... Most food today stay 5-7.5% ... ASH is the TOTAL mineral content .... I beleive EVOs is over 9.... it has more cal mag phos than most foods and is why I dont use it as a UTI friendly food

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to try the Raw Instincts next! This was a purchase i didnt want to make but had to due to lack of supply and time! How is the ash in raw instinct?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
UMMM let me go find out
.. it aint on the bag

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah i want to say 7-8 something ... but since I am not good at record keeping

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that amount of ash harmful to cats that do not have UTI issues! Or in the long run can it cause UTI issues in cats? Am I safe in the meantime because they are on majority wet and get plenty of water?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well if it is wet food I say ignore ash ... just double check mag cal and phos if avail... as MOST have an ash of 8-10 but the moisture helps it along///

DRY the certified UTI foods are 5.5-6.5 but many 7.0 s still are fine

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am only planning about 1/2 a cup per cat each day is this a huge issue I need to worry about? They are getting the Felidae wet once in the morning and once at night! I was looking at Wellness CORE yesterday but for some reason was turned off by it... Maybe it was the price tag

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Since I am only planning about 1/2 a cup per cat each day is this a huge issue I need to worry about? They are getting the Felidae wet once in the morning and once at night! I was looking at Wellness CORE yesterday but for some reason was turned off by it... Maybe it was the price tag
LOL.. the fish and the $$$$ turned me off ... 2.2lbs here was 10 bucks ///

ON a not so happy note here is RAw insticts ash ... I will be talking with my vet about this

10.13% ash in the feline Raw Instinct.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow isn't that more than EVO! What the H**l Sharky we can't win? There is always a catch to something... Errrr lol thanks for checking on that! What do we do now?