Don't you hate it when your brain stops working

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats exactly what happened to me this morning. When you get hit with good news and just totally cannot think of one thing to say

This mornings conversation, just as I was leaving the floor to come home from work.....

HR: Have a minute?

Me: Sure yeah, ok

HR: Did you hear that Bob S (corporate job) is retiring in 2 months?

Me: No, I didn't, good for him

HR: Frank P (our technical trainer) has already accepted Bob's position in Atlanta after he retires.

Me: Uh, ok

HR: So thats what I wanted to talk to you about.

Me: Uh......oooo k

HR: (starting to grin at what must be a dumbfounded look on my face)

HR: That means that Frank will be moving to Atlanta.

Me: Yeah......ok

HR: Well, we've talked about it, and we want to formally offer you the position as technical trainer....you'd come to day shift, have to work a 3 day weekend every other week, but of course you'd also have a 3 day weekend off every other week.....and it will pay $18.80 per hour.

Me: Uh huh

HR: So, what do you think?

HR: (Really grinning) Does that mean you accept?

HR: Fantastic...I'll send out an email to all the departments, and get you someone to train as your replacement here while the positions are opening.

I'm sitting here now realizing that I could have given lots better answers

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i hate it when that happens.
hmm well its a pay raise, he got the part about your take it. that is the important part

however when they said, moving me to days i would have said no

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay congratulations on the promotion now we need some champaine and we will all celebrate with you.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Especially for a job as a technical trainer. Before I became a less stressfull technical writer, I was a technical trainer. BTW, if you do not have a lot of experience in this new position (congratulations), I suggest you visit a Toastmasters International meeting in your area. You will soon gain confidence in speaking in public.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Heheheheh it really DID stop didn't it!? Mind you, I've had days where my brain never even started
And then again I have days were I am just as silly as I can be. and it would be better if I simply stayed in bed.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Mike!
you didn't have your mouth hanging open the whole time at least, did you?

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness. I would imagine a boss would have a sit down pow wow with a person to propose a change like that, but then again I don't know your boss or you or your company

I would imagine a discussion like that would take a good half hour

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when my mind goes blank. Me and my band were playing a show once and I completely forgot the set list. If it wasn't for the digital display on my amp switcher, I wouldn't have known what song we were on.

Once again congrats on your promotion