Ok, so how many....

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...cat toys are under your stove/refrigerator?

I just remembered why I havent' bought "these":http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...lyID_6413.aspx
in a while.

Two of my cats go into a fervor over them and take great pleasure in batting them under kitchen appliances, behind the pantry door, etc. Caesar in particular talks to the rings, brings them to me to throw, and becomes abnormally attached to them. If he bats one under the stove and cant' pull it out, he will sit there, hunched over, watching the stove for any sign of movement, and starve himself until we get it.

So we finally moved the stove last night and it looked like a vast tundra filled hair ball of cat toys. I was pleased to find Roo's favorite purple velvet mouse toy which was lost about 6 months ago. I would need CSI to determine a good % of the findings. Bonus: found two dollars!

Anyway, Caesar was thrilled to have his crazy rings back. All is good in his world.

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmmmm...just the stove or all large appliances?? he he he he! Cause I dont think I can count that high!!! Might have to take my shoes off!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahaha, we have toys under everything, under the couch, under the bed, under the cooker, everywhere!!! As soon as I find them all again they are on their way to being lost again!!!
I love the way he bats them around everywhere and then he gets them lost and tries to find them somewhere completely different

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always find tons of toys under the fridge and stove. Lately I have been trying to buy toys that do not fit under those appliances.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I started buying larger toys but 2 of my cats are 'fetchers' and they prefer toys which fit nicely in their mouths so they can trot them back to me, I toss, they chase, repeat.

What is even more hilarious to me--Roo, Caesar, and Grayboy have specifc toys; they will NOT chase the others' toy. If, by accident, you toss someone else's toy, they look at you like 'Err...mom? *DUH*'

Roo's are sisal shakey-mice.(feathers taken of by me)
Caesar's are the rings.
Grayboy goes for either the rings or his velvet mice. (tails taken off by me)

All of them, including my 2 girls LOVE the clear plastic wrap that is often over a beverage. If you remove it so as keeping the perfect circle, that thing gets batted around to smithereens. I have to watch and take it away before it becomes a hazard. Grayboy had a penchant for milk carton rings....but he was chewing them too much.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because my 2 toddlers have seen me in 'commando' position, hunkered down on the floor with flashlight in hand, looking under the stove, now *THEY* mimic me and report to me whenever they see a toy under there. Whether or not there is a toy there, to them, is besides the point.

So I give them the flashlight and let them search for a while

I hope this isn't child labor?!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have hardwood floors so toys go under EVERYTHING in our house! Also, giant clumps of pet hair tumbleweeds roll into the corners. I often have to pluck toys from the center of the pet hair weeds. Nasty. Funny thing is I'm a fanatic cleaner. I don't know how my pets shed that much.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since the cats don't have access to the kitchen... zero! LOL. But seriously, they have toys under everything else!! Beds, chairs, computer desks, dressers, etc. It doesn't help that their favorite toys are jingly balls that roll so easily!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

We have hardwood floors so toys go under EVERYTHING in our house! Also, giant clumps of pet hair tumbleweeds roll into the corners. I often have to pluck toys from the center of the pet hair weeds. Nasty. Funny thing is I'm a fanatic cleaner. I don't know how my pets shed that much.
*nodding* This house and our next one is all hardwood. Has its bennies though. I find it easier to clean. It's scary what we *don't* get out of the carpet, you know? When the hardwood is clean, it's CLEAN. And I find all the fuzzies and whatnot conveniently nestle along the edges of the wall/floor.

But yeah, I can tell one of the cats has been trying to get a toy out from under the stove --- tufts of dust are suddenly visible.

I believe that indoor cats shed pretty much year round, and of course more during 'peak' shedding season (basically already started here). Indoor cats lack natural light/temp clues so they go on our artifical heating and lighting.

And again, you just *see* more evidence of cat hair with hardwood floors. Carpets can hide a lot!

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

. It doesn't help that their favorite toys are jingly balls that roll so easily!
My cats never liked the jingly balls. I cannot say that I am UNhappy about that

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a regular ritual where I go under the stove, fridge, washer, dryer and microwave cart pulling out the toys. When my two "helpers" see me crouched down on the floor, they rush over to assist. Mostly they just try to catch the (clean) fly swatter I use to fish them all out.

Since we did a sweep two days ago, I'd venture to guess about 60% of the recovered toys are back under the stove. Still, I can't stop buying those little mouseys and plastic rings, they just bring so much enjoyment!!