TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › List of Foods Which Contain Rice Protein Concentrate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

List of Foods Which Contain Rice Protein Concentrate

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Itchmo has put up a list of foods which contain RPC .. these HAVE NOT been recalled

http://www.howl911.com/petfoodrecall_list.htm#rpc

This is the cat list, their is also a list for dogs, if this is in the wrong place.. sorry please move to the right one, want to add again these are NOT recalled, it's just sorta an FYI on who else uses RPC until more info is released on who else bought from the same source.

Blue Buffalo
-- Spa Select Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
Castor & Pollux
-- Natural Ultramix Kitten Formula
-- Natural Ultramix Indoor Feline
-- Organix® Organic Canned Formulas for Cats
Drs. Foster & Smith
-- Chicken & Brown Rice Lite Formula Dry Cat Food
Hill's
--Prescription Diet Feline z/d Low Allergen Dry
Nutro
-- Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Lamb Flavor Dry
-- Natural Choice Complete Care Adult Dry (Chicken)
post #2 of 13
I posted on their forum, but the Nutro Turkey and Giblets that I fed my cats before the recall started has rice gluten as well. I stopped feeding it at the beginning of the recall and held onto the cans just in case.

Turkey Broth, Turkey, Beef, Beef Liver, Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Oat Bran, Rice Bran, Rice Gluten, Ground Rice, Guar Gum, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin.
post #3 of 13
I must have missed this recall, and why is it recalled do you have a link?
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailuvscats View Post
I must have missed this recall, and why is it recalled do you have a link?
These foods are Not Recalled it is just other foods that contain Rice protein Concentrate, just something to be aware of i suppose since some other companies did get the RPC from the same place as natural balance, but it has yet to be released whom.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_shade View Post
I posted on their forum, but the Nutro Turkey and Giblets that I fed my cats before the recall started has rice gluten as well. I stopped feeding it at the beginning of the recall and held onto the cans just in case.

Turkey Broth, Turkey, Beef, Beef Liver, Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Oat Bran, Rice Bran, Rice Gluten, Ground Rice, Guar Gum, Iodized Salt, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin.
Hmm. Is this the one you're referring to? I have a can here, with an expiration of Aug 7 2009, and the ingredients are different.

Turkey Broth, Turkey, Chicken Giblets, Beef Liver, Beef, Ground Rice, Dried Egg Product, Oat Bran, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Carrageenan, Taurine, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C) ....and on from there, just vitaimins and minerals.

I assume with an expiration in 2009, the cans I have must be a "new" formula??

gailuvscats ... the Rice Protein Concentrate/Natural Balance recall info is here

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123440
post #6 of 13
Hill's products not affected by rice protein concentrate recall:
http://www.hillspet.com/Menu_Foods/H...4182007_en.htm

I emailed Nutro this morning to see if they have tested for melamine. Hopefully I'll get a response soon. I recently switched my cats' dry food to Nutro Natural, although they're still getting canned California Natural.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturestee View Post
Hill's products not affected by rice protein concentrate recall:
http://www.hillspet.com/Menu_Foods/H...4182007_en.htm

I emailed Nutro this morning to see if they have tested for melamine. Hopefully I'll get a response soon. I recently switched my cats' dry food to Nutro Natural, although they're still getting canned California Natural.
Not that i use hills but it's good info to know, hopefully nutro will get back soon, i was -this close- to pulling my leftover Complete care back out ..
post #8 of 13
RICE gluten and Rice protein is far more common in canned food ... often used in place of wheat ;(
post #9 of 13
Sharky, have you heard anything from Nutro?
post #10 of 13
Not yet... i also keep checking the site... the easiest way would be someone call...MY mom is having a bad morning and I am typing standing up...
post #11 of 13
I just called them. The person who answered didn't have specific info, but said she was given new news this morning that they are looking into the RPC and will update the website as soon as more info is available. They said the dry food *should* be good, although obviously they can't guarantee that until the testing is complete or they've traced the source of the PRC.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturestee View Post
I just called them. The person who answered didn't have specific info, but said she was given new news this morning that they are looking into the RPC and will update the website as soon as more info is available. They said the dry food *should* be good, although obviously they can't guarantee that until the testing is complete or they've traced the source of the PRC.
I hope their is ok. Many use their foods.
post #13 of 13
We must have all been on the phone at the same time...
That is good!
I just talked to Nutro's customer service phone person too and was told that Nutro will be updating their recall info. later today.

I asked if they were one of the companies who purchased RPC from the contaminated batch.
She said that she didn't know.

I asked it they were recalling more food because they don't update unless they are?
She seemed hesitant then said that she didn't know.
She told me to keep checking their site this morning for their new info.
http://www.nutroproducts.com/mfrecall.asp

If they are updating their recall info...
why won't they tell us over the phone what info they are adding and if it could affect our cats health?

I am so upset.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › List of Foods Which Contain Rice Protein Concentrate