How did you celebrate your 21st??

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right in 3 months and 35 days im flying to Australia

I will be there for a whole month and i will be there for my 21st! Just like the americans and the brits the 21st is a special birthday. Not because we are legally able to drink as we can do it from 18 onwards but its just spescial!!

So although i will be home i'm technically not home because i dont have my own place just yet!

I want to celebrate my birthday that will be memorable for everyone

This is where you guys come into help! I know you're all so creative and helpful.

I want to know what YOU did for your 21st, and then what suggestions you have as in theme, where would you have it ect..

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have had a big party in a hall with a disco, buffet and bar like i had for my 18th, but instead i was planning my wedding for a couple of months after my 21st birthday

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hrmn I don't think I'm much of a help - my little brother and I celebrated together our 18th and 21st birthdays (respectively). There are only 11 days between our birthdays and we're very very close, so I coudln't think of a better way than for us to have our little private party with mum and dad and our gfriend/bfriend. We just had lunch together and I baked a cake for us both. I did buy him a flying lesson though... it's the first and ONLY time I've ever seen my brother speechless!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I would have had a big party in a hall with a disco, buffet and bar like i had for my 18th, but instead i was planning my wedding for a couple of months after my 21st birthday
that sounds nice but i dont think hiring a hall is good for only 20 people!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend at the time took me too Prague for a long weekend and then not long after that we went to Italy for a week, it was great!! I celebrated my 21st at a lovely restaurant in the famous square, it was one of the best!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
21 is big in the US because you can legally drink. I got trashed and had a two day hang over. I've never been that drunk again!

BTW, never get a tattoo and then go out and have shots. It's a bad idea.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

21 is big in the US because you can legally drink. I got trashed and had a two day hang over. I've never been that drunk again!

BTW, never get a tattoo and then go out and have shots. It's a bad idea.
Why??

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah well i dont plan to get a tattoo. But if i ever do ill keep that in mind!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up at 8:30 am.
I grabbed a beer out of the fridge.
By 10:00 my friends came over and drank.
At noon we went to lunch and drank
I had a 2:00 pm class. I was too buzzed to go so I skipped.
I kept drinking.
Fell asleep (ahem) by 5:00 pm.
woke up at 7:00 or so started drinking again.
Went out clubbing for the night.
Home and in bed by 2:00 am.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....honestly, it was sssooooo long ago that I don't remember. I'll be 48 next month. I do remember that when I was growing up, the legal drinking age in Michigan was 18 when I turned 18, the next year they changed it to 19, so I was legal again, and they changed it again, so I became legal yet again at 21. One of those times I went to the local hot spot to party, but I don't remember which birthday. I guess when you get as old as I am....it doesn't really matter anymore!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to dinner with my family, then went on a bar crawl with my friends, as 21 is the legal drinking age here in the Puritan States of America

Not partiuclarly original...kinda the all-American 21st bday!

Oh yes, and my friends picked me up at midnight on my birthday and we went drinking then, too. And we had "boat drinks" with lunch. It was a lot of alcohol for a 24 hour period!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in St. Louis at the time, and for my 21st, my boyfriend surprised me with tickets for us to visit Houston Tx. It was the very first time I had ever been to the south, and the first time I had ever seen the ocean (well it was the gulf of mexico). We really had a great time..Never would I have imagined that later on in life I would reside in Texas.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I celebrated it with my husband and friends...two of my friends including my best friend have the same exact birthday (born in the same year too) so we all celebrated turning 21...

(and now my baby is due on my birthday...there are a lot of may 11th birthdays!)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Charcoal Grill with my boyfriend... Drank Margaritas and at least 6 double shots of 1800... Also smoked some bowls... I was ripped! Somehow I made it to work the next day and I was feeling awesome! Then came the weekend version of the celebration! I was at my friends bar drinking 1800 non-stop, Captain and Coke, some other mystery shot, and Hypnotic (too many mixes)! I woke up the next day with a slight headache and took an excedrin.... BAD IDEA! We lost power that morning and I could not stop vomitting once the pill kicked in! I was sick all day... Once I felt better smoked some bowls! Note to Everyone... I no longer do drugs or drink alcohol but I figured Id share my experience!!! My 21st wasn't a big deal since I had a fake Id and had been going to clubs since I was 18... the thrill was already gone!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thats my point, ive already been to strip clubs, clubbing, drinking.

The drinking part is going to have to be a definite but i want something extrodinary!!

My parents wont be there
I guess dinner and drinks will have to do but i still want to spice it up!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went on a weekend cruise to Grand Bahama Island, followed by 1 week at Disney! But, this year is another milestone birthday and we're going to Portugal, Spain and Northern Africa.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to vegas! Its not too expensive! My mom was planning on taking me to Vegas but money ran short before I was 21! Have a group of gf's go with! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas