"Too into" your animals?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do people ever think you're "too into" your cats or other pets?
People think I'm a little crazy because I devote myself to them completely. And when I get money instead of hitting the mall I usually go to Petsmart or Petco.
And I talk about them all the time.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You aren't alone there! I talk about Reilly & Sydney all the time
I'm sure some of the people around me think I'm strange

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah!! They sure do! I always get asked how my babies are doing. I even got called a "redneck" the other night by my daughters boyfriend because he heard me talking to my kitties. But I don't care what anyone thinks! I know my kitties and they know me!!

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if you think people think you are crazy over cats and dogs, I have and love Chickens and ducks as well! I am the family Nutcase!!

Everyone thinks I am insane because i love my birds so much, to me they are just like any other pet.

Of course they dont call me crazy when i deliver them Fresh eggs!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~My family has always called me Elle May...off the Clampids?? When I was young I would bring every stray home I found...injured birds, rabbits, dogs, you name it I brought one home lol....I think my family actually came to the conclusion I was CRAZY when my pets dog their Halloween costumes before I even got my children theirs. We were at the hospital with my last child when my mother said "There isnt anything in the world like the smell of a newborn" and I replied "Then you have never smelled newborn puppy breath" lolol they about fell OUT when I said that.~

~Ive done rescue for 7 years with dogs but Ive always had a selection of animals in my home. They wear cloths, have pet strollers, I even had a special carried made like an infant carried for a rescue Chihuahua I had that was 1.7lbs and had seperation anxiety so that way I could take him EVERYWHERE with me. Ive been banned from 1 Walmart, and at least 7 other stores for trying to SNEAK my pets in with me. One time I actually took a Poodle into Walmart with me, she was an elderly dog and hated being alone. She NEVER barked but soon as we got by the electronics something set her off and ONE single bark came from my doggie purse. The man beside me looked at me and I tried to pull a fast one by saying "BARK....BARK" lolol he thought I was NUTS! Needless to say somebody heard the old gal and I had to leave haha~

~So YES I do think some people can be alittle overboard with their pets, but they call it overboard I call it being a good MOMMY~

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one brother calls me Dr Doolittle and my other brother tells his kids Aunt Honey is the Crazy Cat lady and he sends me every article about a crazy person with a bunch of cats living in her house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! That's why I love places like this where you can talk about your babies as much as you want. . .and people understand how important they are to you.

And mom_2_3, kudos for rescuing!

I get called Dr Doolittle too sometimes

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

You aren't alone there! I talk about Reilly & Sydney all the time
I'm sure some of the people around me think I'm strange
People probably think I'm nuts too, I talk about them constantly and I have a necklace (thanks to Heather/LuckyGirl) in memory of Davidson that I swear everyday- most people think its a beautiful way to keep his memory alve, but I've gotten some people who just look at me and say "Oh, thats sweet" with a weird look

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we all probably have that problem. I am continuously defending my love for Trout, and that I would do anything to keep her with me. People judge me all the time for spending almost $1000 to save her life last year. Oh and the same people make fun of me for belonging to a cat forum. Actually one of my best friends gives me the "are you kidding me? you are such a loser" look about my membership here.

I can always make more money, but there will never be another Trout.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
who cares what people think? I really don't care if people think I am "too into" my animals. I LOVE them.. they are my children since I don't have children but for people saying I am "too into" them would be right and I guess you can say I love them too much but I DO think it's a good thing.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH's brother really rags on us for spending so much time and money on our cats. he says our lives revolve around our cats.....

he's right!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I WORSHIP my cats and dog. I LIVE for my cats and dog. All I talk about are my cats and dog. I tell tails about their day. How they look at the birds out the window. How the squirrel is their friend. How they sometimes fight. I could go on and on and on about my pets.

I know many people who do think I am crazy, including my own children, they tell me to SHUT UP, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THEM. They get jealous I think, but, they love the pets too.

Yes, my pets are all I ever talk about.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time, but seen as everyone at work is an animal lover and Matt's family all have as many animals as we do no one says much. We have a daily animal chat in the the office, but the customers think we are weird

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you do realize you're asking TCS members if "outsiders" think we're too into our animals right?
Of course! lol this is why all of my friends are pet lovers too
We're all crazy animal lovers

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont care what other people think....hehehe. I get told all the time espically by my mom that I spend too much $$$ on my animals.....

I love my animals and thats just the way it is!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sure they all think we're crazy. But who do they come to as soon as THEIR cat has a little cough or goes off his food?

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think we all probably have that problem. I am continuously defending my love for Trout, and that I would do anything to keep her with me. People judge me all the time for spending almost $1000 to save her life last year. Oh and the same people make fun of me for belonging to a cat forum. Actually one of my best friends gives me the "are you kidding me? you are such a loser" look about my membership here.

I can always make more money, but there will never be another Trout.
I got that when Summer went through her phase of eating things like scotch tape which required surgery on TWO occasions. They were also were shocked that my sister spent almost $900 to save a kitten...who ended up passing away! I understood.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Do people ever think you're "too into" your cats or other pets?
Er....how do you think I got the moniker "Auntie Crazy"?

Although I admit I wasn't pleased at first, the name has grown on me (for all that it stands for) and I now wear it with considerable pride. I even use it to sign cards for the nieces and nephews who originally gave it to me.

Animals have been my passion since before I could speak. My mom has pics of me just barely able to sit up on my own, hugging a cat nearly as big as me with both hands.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I had this discussion with dad yesterday when we brought Chuckie back from the vet. I realised that i was actually quite normal. Dad says mum and i are both sooks and are slaves to the cats. He is the 'tough' man and says he is the master of the house, so if a cat is on his chair, he will chuck it off. Mum and i won't do that, we will change chairs or if the kittie is on the bed we will just move so that we are both comfy.

Tristan doesn't do that though. He will happily twist around the kitty and doesn't mind getting chewed. He's a manly cat man