Help!

melisssssssa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have a 8month old Himalayan kitten (Zuzu) and we have this problem where her feces gets stuck to her long hair (I know this is gross). I don't know if it's the result of her diet (I feed her Eukanuba dry kitten food- not the recalled stuff) or if I don't feed her enough, etc? I'm constantly trimming her fur but it's still a bother. Any suggestions?

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a Ragdoll (PeeDee) who is about 1 yr. old. He has had awful bathroom habits since the day we got him. To this day, he does not cover his potty when he goes and if his fiecies is the slightest bit soft, it's all over him as well. I tried using the wipe its that are sold for the animals but they don't work too well (eps if it had dried already), and I was cutting the fur, but realized that I'd have to keep his backside cut all the time and that's a hassel, so the last time it happened (last week), I just plopped him up on the bathroom counter and washed him with warm water and pet shampoo. I used a regular wash cloth which worked well. Hope this helps and good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melisssssssa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi-
well she hates water and i have to get her nails trimmed- one i do i will def wash her but i wish there was a more permanent fix....

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have persians also and I too keep them shaved. This seems to be the only way around it. My one baby once left me a nice present all the way down the hall. I was soaking in a bubble bath and couldn't imagine where the smell was coming from. Little did I know... what a fun mess that was to clean up

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 1/2 persian kitten and a ragdoll kitten and I'm beginning to have the same problem with both of them as their coats mature. I better make an appointment to have them both shaved
I don't think that they'll be very happy about it but my life will be WAY easier

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by melisssssssa

Hi, I have a 8month old Himalayan kitten (Zuzu) and we have this problem where her feces gets stuck to her long hair (I know this is gross). I don't know if it's the result of her diet (I feed her Eukanuba dry kitten food- not the recalled stuff) or if I don't feed her enough, etc? I'm constantly trimming her fur but it's still a bother. Any suggestions?
You've gotten some good suggestions, I'll just add that the diet CAN have something to do with that, if the stools aren't firm...i.e. the soft stools can make a mess. Are they soft?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melisssssssa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they are soft- i read that maybe it's due to how much i feed her and how fast she's eating the food.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2furbabies

I have persians also and I too keep them shaved. This seems to be the only way around it. My one baby once left me a nice present all the way down the hall. I was soaking in a bubble bath and couldn't imagine where the smell was coming from. Little did I know... what a fun mess that was to clean up
Been there...made DH clean it up

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by melisssssssa

they are soft- i read that maybe it's due to how much i feed her and how fast she's eating the food.
I'd lean more towards something in the food that doesn't agree with her...if it's an ongoing thing.

It might be a good idea to have the vet check a stool sample for anything that could be causing that, too.