Sleeping cheek to cheek

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you heard this song before? Apparantly, it was written by Alley. Here is the way it goes: Persi & Alley lie on the bed, waiting for us to come to bed (as shown in the siggy). I come to bed. I open up the book I am reading and within a few minutes, Alley leaves her partner and comes up and walks across my tummy, and all the way up to my chest and then lays down with her cheek right on my cheek! So what I do is hold my book up higher so that I can read it. But then when it is time to turn out the light, there Alley is, cheek to cheek. So then it is a guilt trip for me because I do not like to sleep on my back. So I try to sleep that way so as not to disturb her but eventually, I gently set her to my side and she remains there the rest of the night.

Now, I know that I am not the only person who has a cat that does this so let's here it from other people who have cats that do this.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try having to remove one cat who persists in staying smack in the middle of the bed near the top, and then (on my tummy) spreading 'em for the 2nd cat to sleep between my legs (the first one won't stick around beside me tho' gets aggravated when I claim the middle to sleep on (he then goes up onto the fridge for the night). The other digs in his claws if I dare move my legs!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Have you heard this song before? Apparantly, it was written by Alley. Here is the way it goes: Persi & Alley lie on the bed, waiting for us to come to bed (as shown in the siggy). I come to bed. I open up the book I am reading and within a few minutes, Alley leaves her partner and comes up and walks across my tummy, and all the way up to my chest and then lays down with her cheek right on my cheek! So what I do is hold my book up higher so that I can read it. But then when it is time to turn out the light, there Alley is, cheek to cheek. So then it is a guilt trip for me because I do not like to sleep on my back. So I try to sleep that way so as not to disturb her but eventually, I gently set her to my side and she remains there the rest of the night.

Now, I know that I am not the only person who has a cat that does this so let's here it from other people who have cats that do this.

That`s so sweet! Alley loves her daddy!

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL ...yes my cat Megabyte does this but not until the middle of the night. He will come up to your pillow stretch out his paws and touch your face and purrrr really loud and sometimes wants to sleep cheek to cheek. It's hard to sleep when a cat is purring loudly on your pillow even though it is sweet.

My other cat doesn't bother me when I sleep until about 4am in the morning when he starts walking across my pillow and nudging the covers off me and nudging my head because he is ready for breakfast...

lovemykitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an older cat(12 years old) who has done the same thing since she was young.
She will climb up and settle down beside me until I am asleep. Then in the middle of the night she climbs up and puts her head against mine. At first I found it strange and slightly annoying but over time have grown to accept it.

catk102

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had a kitten do that,I found him when he was a day old and was hand raised and ever since he has been doing that even with his new owner.
A Lady at the cat rescue told me that because he was handraised they automatically look for the warmest spot the can find and the neck is very warm and just a good shape to curl up on.
Enjoy it there is nothing better

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitty does this....almost every night. If he isn't cheek to cheek he is lying across my neck, across my forehead, on my chest, etc. He HAS to be touching me. I posted something the other day about him thinking he was a hat. He just did it again... crawled up my shoulders and tried to climb on my head... maybe i need another cat tree. Got a couple of pics of it. If I can just figure out how to post them...

Aren't cats sweet though??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

My kitty does this....almost every night. If he isn't cheek to cheek he is lying across my neck, across my forehead, on my chest, etc. He HAS to be touching me. I posted something the other day about him thinking he was a hat. He just did it again... crawled up my shoulders and tried to climb on my head... maybe i need another cat tree. Got a couple of pics of it.
If I can just figure out how to post them...
Aren't cats sweet though??
If you have your pictures on line somehwere like photobucket or anyplace with a URL, click on that picture with the right clicker and then you will see Properties. Click on that and another screen will appear. Highlight the address of the picture where it says URL address, right click on what you have highlighted and then click on Copy, and then OK. Now when you open a post you will see a box at the top of the screen that looks like a mountain with an arrow going to the left above it. Click on that and a drop down box will appear asking you for the URL of where your picture is. Paste your URL address that you copied into this box and then OK and your picture will appear in your message. Now, I am going to do those exact steps to make sure I did not tell you wrong.

OK, it worked as I stated. For some reason you cannot just pull the pictures off of your camera or hard disk, they have to be someplace with a URL attached. I wish they would change this. I get so excited when I take a picture like this and then I have to go put it (in my case my web site) someplace with a URL before I can pop it into the message. I would like to be able to copy it right off of my camera! But that's it, go ahead and give it a try!!