queen acting strange since spaying

pussygalore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
do queens change in there behaviour once they are spayed?
do they become more playfull and clingy?

my 2 year old queen rani is acting liek a kitten, where as before being spayed she was always really reserved and quiet..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the cat, each one is different. Of course by getting your girl spayed she no longer has to go through heats and the stress or hormones accompanying them. Now she's free to just be a cat, maybe that's why she's acting like a kitten again.

catk102

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine became very playfull and lovey.Plus she got better looking.She is a small petite build cat and before spaying she looked kinda scrawny.After she kind of filled out (not get fat) and seemed happier looking.She also quit fighting.
My vet said that during a heat cycle cats have a 30 percent higher energy cycle,but don't necessarily eat 30 more because they are to busy looking for a "partner" and thats why she looked scrawny'ish before and better after.She got nicer for one the hormones arent all over the place anymore and second and again she is not looking for a lil guy cat.Honestly fixing I think has nothing positive effects on cats specially on females.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Penelope became clingy and much more loving in only the two weeks after her spay.

She also gets along better with the other cats. Before she would hiss and swat at them, now she happily plays with her brother and aunt.

she also has become quite a talker.

Originally Posted by catk103

Mine became very playfull and lovey.Plus she got better looking.She is a small petite build cat and before spaying she looked kinda scrawny.After she kind of filled out (not get fat) and seemed happier looking
I am hoping that my girl fills out some as well. I got her fixed a little late (10 months) and she had gone through heat and I think it takes a lot out of them.

catk102

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl was a year old when I got her fixed part of that was she just would reach not that magic 5 pound mark.At about a year old I ended up fprce feeding nutrical and other high cal foods to the poor thing(I think she still hasnt forgiven me for that one she now takess an hour to eat a meal lol)After her spayeing she "ballooned" to a wopping 7 pounds and after bout 6 months ago she dropped down to a nice 6 ish pounds.Her brother is literally almost triple the weight(17 pounds)weird isnt it lol
Kat

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catk102

Her brother is literally almost triple the weight(17 pounds)weird isnt it lol
Yeah same here. Her brother is going to be a very large cat. He is already bigger then his uncle at only 10 months and he is solid as a rock.

Penelope is just a wee little thing, even smaller than her mother. When I pick her up it is like picking up air. But you can't let her size fool you. She can get in there and rough and tumble with the kitties three times her size