How long were you together before you got married?

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sooo nosey but I love hearing the stories. I can't wait to get married because I really think I have found the right guy. I was just wondering how long you were together before the wedding bells were ringing. I have been with John for about two years now, we haven't planned anything yet but we both know we want to marry. I know my family would be happy if I got married, my sister too who is engaged but they don't force the issue. When the time comes it will be a happy one!

I also wonder who has been married the longest on here? I love to hear about anniversaries, my Grandparents celebrated their diamond wedding last year!!! Wow.

I am a silly romantic

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's our anniversary, so good thread!

We knew each other 5 weeks and 3 days before we got married!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dh and I were together for 2 1/2 years before we got married...and we met in highschool

Our 3 year wedding anniversary is in October...so we have been together for 5 1/2 years now

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I were together for 2yrs and 3 months before we were married! However we were only together for I month, before we moved in with eachother!

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yikes! lol This is normally a very touchy subject for me as I got married VERY young (15) and had only been dating my boyfriend for about 9 months before we tied the knot. I got alot of heat from my family and his on our decision and everyone said it wouldnt last 6 months....we will be married 12 years come Sept 2nd. He was my first boyfriend and we have 3 beautiful children and I truly believe when I met him that I KNEW deep down that he was my soulmate.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two years and we will have our 45th anniversery next month

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 years 4 months, although we had been living together since about a month after we started seeing one another.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

2 years 4 months, although we had been living together since about a month after we started seeing one another.
Same here... he just sort of started moving his stuff in and before I knew it he was living with me!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started dating March of '03, but we were friends since August of '02, and we got married Oct of '06, so we were together for 3.5 years, but we had known each other for 4 years. We got engaged August of '05.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Same here... he just sort of started moving his stuff in and before I knew it he was living with me!

I moved into his. Toothbrush & a change of clothes and then I brought the birds over

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I moved into his. Toothbrush & a change of clothes and then I brought the birds over
I knew he was serious when he brought the Playstation! At that moment is when we had the "talk".

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... the playstation... that was a good laugh! LOL

Well, as of June this year (when we're getting married) we will have been dating for about 5½ years. Seems like alot compared to most of you but we've been through so much in that time and have been living together and committed to getting married for over the past year.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Six years before we got married, five years before we moved in together. I've known him since HS, but didn't date until after college. We've been married about a year and a half. Things move fast around here

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip and I knew each other for 16yrs before we got married. First we hated each other...then, 4 yrs later we ran into each other again and became best friends. Then we dated for a year before he got back together with his ex
. Then I moved away for 4 years but we still kept in touch. (sound like When Harry Met Sally, doesn't it?)

We finally got back on the same page when my mom was sick with cancer. He didn't leave my side. So, to make a long story short (to late, I know!) We were officially together 1 yr 6 months before the wedding. You would not believe how many people said at the wedding "well, its about time!!!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I moved in with John pretty soon too, in fact about a month!! Then we went travelling and came back and got a house and its all great!