I miss you guys!!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to put a quick post here to let you guys know how much I miss you all. I haven't been able to post as much as I use to and I miss it and all that's going on here, but I just want you all to know that all my time is being very well spent these days. I've become very very involved in helping our community with their shelter project. Currently three of our local towns (with a combined population of 55,000) have one shelter with a capacity to hold only 21 animals.
You do the math!
So, I'm now on the shelter committee and have become their public relations representative and am in this 100%. I'm also the photographer now for the shelter and for our cat rescue we have in town. I've been posting all the petfinders for the shelter and will be starting a petfinder for the rescue. I have a huge fundraiser I've started as well for the shelter (which doesn't take place until September), but it's going to be a HUGE walkathon so it's been taking a lot of my time. I've also been helping with our cat rescue with adoptions every Saturday, fostering, and helping with cats that need to be transported. Soon I will begin trapping as well. I know nothing about it, but she said she will teach me.
I absolutely LOVE what I"m doing.
This definitely should have been my calling and if I could get paid to do this - I'd quit my job.
I feel like I"m going 100mph - but I love it just the same! This is really truely what I was meant to do in life! I'm so happy right now. Knowing that I"m taking part in helping all these helpless animals (dogs and cats) makes me feel so good. I see a lot of things now that break my heart and are difficult to see, but we can only do the best we can right? For those of you who already do this you know what I mean.
For those that we bring back, it's all so worth it. Like the kitten that we just adopted out. She was returned to the rescue at 4 months old by a lady with scratches up and down her arms who swore the kitten was violent and she was going to have it declawed. Our rescue refused to give it back to her and we spent only 2 weeks with her. She went from trembling, hissing, spitting, biting, and scratching when being held to this:

curling up in my 13yo's arms upside down fast asleep within those 2 weeks. She has since been adopted out to a loving home and she is an absolute doll. So worth it!!!

Sorry this is so long and sorry to be so sentimental, but I really truely have found my calling and am so happy right now.
I'll try to read and post here as much as I can, but my free time is very short right now.
Just know that - I MISS YOU GUYS!! and I haven't lost interest in TCS - I'm just really busy. I'm sure I'll be here time and again looking for help and advice though!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I don't even know you and I miss you now!
What wonderful work you're doing -- I'm so glad for you, finding the true purpose of your life this way! Bless you for all the animals you're helping to save...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww lisa!! There you are!!
I have missed ya!

I am glad you are so happy with everything right now, and welcome back
You better stay here, we can't hack it without ya

What a cute furry in that pic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwwwwwwww lisa!! There you are!!
I have missed ya!

I am glad you are so happy with everything right now, and welcome back
You better stay here, we can't hack it without ya

What a cute furry in that pic
NAT!!
I know.....I need you guys to make me laugh everyday. How can I possibly go through life without a ":censor::censor::censor::censor:" or "wang" fix every now and then.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Wow! I don't even know you and I miss you now!
You're too funny!!!
Hope to get to know you better!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see ya back, even if its just for a short while.
You are doing some awesome work!!

And that kitty in that pic is absolutely adorable!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Lisa what you are doing is so valuable you have to feel good doing it ............ and being that not everyone is cut out to do it and that you LOVE it, it must be your calling. Keep us updated and take care but most importantly BE GOOD!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That kitten is just gorgeous
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks;1726501And that kitty in that pic is absolutely adorable!

[img

http://bestsmileys.com/love1/7.gif[/img]
She is a beauty isn't she? She was so damn cute!! She's got lots of fluff coming out her ears and a huge bushy tail. She's the sweetest most lovable little thing. Makes you wonder (of course) what that damn woman did to her to make her so violent. She would literally tremble and go balistic when she was held for the first week. You couldn't hold her - she would rip your arms off and all it took was a couple weeks of working with her and she's a love. People are such idiots!!!

Another idiot story.....some woman came to the shelter (with high recommendations from someone) to adopt a very hyper border collie we had there. Well, 2 days later she was back with the dog saying the dog attacked her and bit her. When asked how it happened, come to find out she decided she was going to crate train her. Want to know how she did it?
She pushed the BC into a crate and then proceeded to crawl into the crate with the dog.
I would have bit her too! A hyper dog that's scared and now trapped!!! What the hell is wrong with people!!

I think that's going to be the toughest part of this - holding my tongue. I begged our rescue lady to call that woman back that had the kitten in this picture just to have her come over and watch my daughter cradle her like a baby, play with her ears, her feet, then tell the lady to get out - NO you can't have her back!
Now that's my kind of justice! Rub it in their faces! (sorry....I guess that's just me. Must hold tongue, must hold tongue)

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful you are for taking care of this animals. I would love to do something like this also and may try to do some volunteering this spring and summer either at my vet's or a shelter. Thank you for being so wonderful.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw your pictures of the possible shelter building on another post. Looks perfect. And that's great that you found your calling. Maybe someday you will get payed for it. Good luck!

Saw my first black squirrel of the season and thought of you.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

How wonderful you are for taking care of this animals. I would love to do something like this also and may try to do some volunteering this spring and summer either at my vet's or a shelter. Thank you for being so wonderful.
You'll love it if you do volunteer. I know many others here have been doing it for a while and I have only just started a few months ago, but I'm learning so much and to watch an animal turn around and go to a great home makes it so worth it. I get teary-eyed everytime I think of a happy ending. It's a wonderful feeling. Obviously the hard part are those that sadly don't make it as hard as you try. Sometimes it just wasn't meant to be I'm discovering. Keep your fingers crossed for me right now because I've got 2 bottle babies (from separate litters) that are in really tough shape. It will break my heart if they don't make it, but I'm giving it my all to make sure that doesn't happen. One is only about 2 weeks old and just left behind by mom which isn't always a good sign. The other was from a litter of 8 and just wasn't eating at all. The poor kitten is all bone right now at 6 weeks old and was almost dead when we got it. I am happy to say both are eating great now and they are up and around their cages which is an excellent sign.

Originally Posted by Snuzy

Saw my first black squirrel of the season and thought of you.
Black squirrels are the best! They're just so different. For us - they're all over the place and not so uncommon to see anymore, but I still love them. I think they're so pretty in black. Their fur almost seems to shine a dark red in the sun.