Found a cow kitty

catgirlmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some help
I found a cow kitty and here ears are really pink any reason for that and the fur right above her tail is very short
also can not pur breed kittens have green eyes

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a cow kitty?

many cats can have green eyes, nothing too abnormal about that. If cats have white fur on their ears then the insides will look pinker.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are her ears hot? Hot ears are a sign of fever and when they have white fur there they can also look reddish pink if they are running a temperature. If you've found her and intend to keep her she should have a vet check asap anyway, so mention it to the vet when you are there. Obviously if she seems lethargic or has other symptoms get her straight to the vet, getting quick treatment can make a big difference if she has an infection.

Originally Posted by Jen

What is a cow kitty?

many cats can have green eyes, nothing too abnormal about that. If cats have white fur on their ears then the insides will look pinker.
Like Radar in my signature - white with black patches like a holstein cow

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has white ears and it has been sunny she could already have got sunburnt. I put kids sunblocker on my white cats' ears as they are liable to get red, and skin cancer is not uncommon in white cats.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing this kitty.

The first thing that needs to be done when you rescue a cat is to get it to a vet. They often have fleas and/or tics, and internal parasites. Unfortunately medications you can purchase in a pet store or supermarket don't help and can be harmful to the cat. He or she really needs to see a vet as soon as possible. It sounds like his/her ears could have been sunburnt. When we rescued our white kitty her ears were terribly sunburnt.

Laurie