What's for dinner tonight???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's for dinner tonight everyone? I'm cooking up a storm tonight. (I need a distraction!) I'm making Rigationi with Sausage, Peppers, and Onions as the main dish and for the side- Arugula Salad with Fried Gorgonzala
I got the recipe from last month's issue of Cosmopolitan. (page 270 if you have it!) It's a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis - one of my favorite chefs!
(her book "Everyday Pasta" rocks!!
) What are you fixing tonight for dinner?

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I was just thinking about that! ugh I don't know! It will most likely involve chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat Locani

I'll take all of that minus the meat. So nice of you to make my dinner!!!
you're welcome! the only meat in the entire meal is the sweet turkey sausage- hehe i'll leave it out of yours

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

What's for dinner tonight everyone? I'm cooking up a storm tonight. (I need a distraction!) I'm making Rigationi with Sausage, Peppers, and Onions as the main dish and for the side- Arugula Salad with Fried Gorgonzala
I got the recipe from last month's issue of Cosmopolitan. (page 270 if you have it!) It's a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis - one of my favorite chefs!
Ooooh! That sounds soooo good!! But I've been craving grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Ooooh! That sounds soooo good!! But I've been craving grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup!
Thanks! I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!
I've never made it before...but it sounds sooo yummy! I figured i'll cook something good on my night off then put something in the crock pot tonight for tomorrow so i don't have to worry about it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure? I'm not too hungry, so probably nothing too interesting!
Probably a sandwich or something like that.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a super-classy dinner of macaroni and cheese.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am either going to make chicken fettucine with sun dried tomato alfredo sauce or chicken caesar. I've got chicken thawed, I just can't decide which one. I am thinking the caesar since I had spaghetti last night.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am having a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwhich...string cheese and a banana. for a treat before i go home i might have a strawberry poptart.
thats what i get for being broke lol

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a lot of pasta in this thread, and I think that's what it's going to be at our house, too. I found some really nice on-the-vine tomatoes yesterday that didn't cost the earth, and they are begging to be combined with butter and fresh basil and parmesan to dress some fresh pasta. So I'll see what fresh pasta looks interesting and go from there -- maybe a few garlic prawns to finish it off, as well.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just kicked Colin out of the kitchen
He stopped in for a minute on his patrol to "use the bathroom and pick up a quick dinner" I told him to get out of my kitchen and sent him back to work with a snack
I'm not letting him ruin his appetite! I told him i would call him on his cell when dinner's almost ready so he can take his break
That he was not allowed in the kitchen till then.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm making Rigationi with Sausage, Peppers, and Onions as the main dish and for the side- Arugula Salad with Fried Gorgonzala
That sounds absolutely yummy!!

We're having meat loaf cake carcass - basically scraps from this recipe (you need to check it out). Our "manly" friend's birthday is tomorrow and always wanted a meat cake. So he is getting one, and we feed on the scraps from what we trim off the cake tonight.

Oh, and we're only going 2 layers. We're thinking bacon bits for the decorative topping.

http://blackwidowbakery.com/demo/meatcake/

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we had barbecued hamburgers and pringles loaded baked potato chips..