Bathtub playtime?

justicelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, this isn't really a problem, just something i was wondering about. My 8 month old Kahlan loves to play in the bathtub. She takes toys, pens, whatever she can play with in the tub. Now she's even gotten my newest baby, William, to play in there with her. It's funny to watch. My hubby finds it somewhat annoying because he has to clear the tub every morning to shower. I don't mind doing it. But they only get really in it if the curtain is closed. I can't imagine that mine are the only ones that do this. Anbody else?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JusticeLynn

Ok, this isn't really a problem, just something i was wondering about. My 8 month old Kahlan loves to play in the bathtub. She takes toys, pens, whatever she can play with in the tub. Now she's even gotten my newest baby, William, to play in there with her. It's funny to watch. My hubby finds it somewhat annoying because he has to clear the tub every morning to shower. I don't mind doing it. But they only get really in it if the curtain is closed. I can't imagine that mine are the only ones that do this. Anbody else?
Persi always hangs out in the bathtub (when empty) but he has never brought anything into the tub. But there is a shelf that he can reach if he stands on the edge of the tub and stretches. So things do end up in the tub and he plays what appears to be hockey with whatever it is.

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens like to play in the bathtub...particularly peekaboo in the shower curtains. But I generally don't allow them to play in the bathroom and shut the door when I'm not in there. I do let them go in there when I'm in there though. I used to live with a friend that had 3 cats (1 shorthair, 2 longhairs) and I was grossed out by cat hair in the bathtub and on the bathroom rug...all visible
Also mine like to roll all the TP off the roll which is very unacceptable in my "time of need"

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely!! Mine have a ball in the tub! Their favorite toy while they are in there are those little medicine cups you get with various cold remedies. They swat them around and up the sides of the tub,then pick the cups up with their teeth and sling them thru the air! They LOVE bathtub playtime!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty loves the bath tub too!! He's always playing in there and almost wants me to join in!!! I wonder why they love it so much

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my kitties play in the bathtub!! They love playing in the tub, and will even play while you are showering! they are two crazy cats! The whole bathroom is their special play area! Dont even think about going potty, or taking a shower, without my two joining you!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were right! You're not alone! I too have a cat who loves the bath tub. Friday thinks it's cool for a variety of reasons. One is that there is no water on earth fresh enough for Friday and he knows he can get water from the faucet if he can get me to turn it on. Second, our other male loves to pick on him and Friday knows that Hemmy won't get anywhere near the tub so sometimes it's "base" when Hemmy's game of tag becomes rambunctious. Finally, he likes it because it's cool. It gets really hot here and he has a thick coat. I guess sometimes AC just isn't up to his standards. He's really cute because he grooms himself in the tub like he knows that's what it's for.

orty12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shadow loves to play in the tub too! She likes to take caps off of coke bottles in there and bat them around. She also loves jumping in after someone has taken a shower. She's so cute!

julianne353

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 5 month old girl loves the sink, bath tub and dripping faucets. She'll get herself soaking wet playing in it! She's the cutest thing in the bath tub cuz she runs to the back of it and lays on her side and slides down it.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil' Jag likes to play in the bathtub as well, sometimes with toys, sometimes with imaginary 'things'. Its another story when there is water in it.......

diordiva8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh yes lol my baby Bonita adores the bathtub. She's always in there. She sits there for hours. It's so funny. When I get up in the morning the first thing she does is go in the tub. And when I try to shower she won't leave lol so sometimes I have to turn on the water to make her leave. It's cute. My other cat doesn't care about it at all but Bonita is infatuated lol. She even naps in there.

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine love playing in the bathtub, it's like a cool hiding place for them. Tara will pick up a toy mouse and bring it to the bathroom and bat it around, slipping and slidding and bumping. Sometimes they like to pounce on each other through the shower curtains and which time I usually banish them from the bathroom. The funniest part is that since they've seen me shower and give the kids I babysit baths in there, they will always check to make sure that the tub is dry before they jump in. They'll jump up and put their front paws on the edge and take a good look around before they get it. It cracks me up!!!

caita(tm)?'scats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Sophie ♥'s the bathtub. When I am taking a shower she will sit on the ledge and wait for me to get out. When I step out of the shower and the water is off, she'll jump in and hit the water drippin from the faucet with her paw. She seems so fascinated with it. It's adorable.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both my boys love to play in the tub. Sometimes they'll bring their toys in with them, other times they'll steal a bit of soap to bat around. If they go missing for a little while, I'll usually find them curled up and sleeping in there. Doesn't seem too comfortable, but what do I know?!

Every morning after my shower they jump in the wet tub to slide around for awhile. If I let the tap drip they're completely fascinated and will watch it for hours.

hareting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL

give them a ping pong and watch them play in the bathtub..hahaha
it would be really cute

Nana likes to hide behind she shower curtain whenever I enter the bathroom. She'd then demand me to make some scartching sound on the curtain and she'd catch the shadow of my finger from behind the shower curtain. She play this game everyday and never get bored.....

She'd also hang around outside the shower curtain whenever I take a shower, she had even once come into the shower to visit me....