Do you "pay back" what you borrow?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things like sheets of paper,tampons, cokes, things that you use. Not money. There isa girl I work with who takes me to where Lee works when I need a ride and little things like that. I don't ever give her money but I will buy her lunch sometimes. Little things to say thanks. Well she borrowed a tampon (something I don't expect returned or replaced) and brought me back another today. It got me thinking, Do you replace what you borrow?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it depends on who I'm borrowing from. I don't keep a running tally, but if it is someone that I am not that close to, I try to "pay back" exactly what I borrowed.

If it is from someone that I am close to, well, it all balances out. Give and take. Today I buy you lunch, tomorrow you buy me lunch, or some other time when I am hungry.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to, but sometimes I honestly forget
I'm so scatterbrained and then I feel so stupid and horrible when something jogs my memory weeks later
but I agree with Betsy, if it's a close friend everything usually evens out after awhile

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to but they don't always accept. I had a co-worker that would by me lunch everyday. He wouldn't accept money or lunch in return. I resorted to putting money in his bag or cigs. He is a very caring guy. He also did it for another co-worker who worked part-time and was saving for a house.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't pay back little things like pieces of paper, or a pen or pencil. If it's something that can be used and given back, then I do that. But I don't think most people expect to get a piece of paper back. If it's anything of value then of course I would.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Things like sheets of paper,tampons
, cokes, things that you use. Not money. There isa girl I work with who takes me to where Lee works when I need a ride and little things like that. I don't ever give her money but I will buy her lunch sometimes. Little things to say thanks. Well she borrowed a tampon (something I don't expect returned or replaced) and brought me back another today. It got me thinking, Do you replace what you borrow?
I have never borrowed a tampon that I did not return!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I steal them from work all the time (the manager knows we do this). Stuff like that I consider that if I asked someone for something they would give it to me, not necessarily the same person. Pay it forward, you know?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

For me it depends on who I'm borrowing from. I don't keep a running tally, but if it is someone that I am not that close to, I try to "pay back" exactly what I borrowed.

If it is from someone that I am close to, well, it all balances out. Give and take. Today I buy you lunch, tomorrow you buy me lunch, or some other time when I am hungry.
Same way here too, it works out well

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I am the exact same way!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah. I cant say that I give back little things like that....but I DO return $$$ if I have had to borrow it or I am always willing to buy a drink or lunch.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i havnt really borrowed the litter every day things , but iv had people borrow them from me , and i wouldnt dream of taking a toilet roll or something back. money however is different imo.
with most friends its give and take i scratch your back you scratch mine.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

used??

J/K

Anyways yes, if I don't return item per item, then I'll buy them a soda or candy bar to show my appreciation...especially if my period comes early and unexpected!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess my answer would be it depends on what it is or who I borrowed it from as well. If I know the person really well I may not return it simply because my friends borrow stuff from me all the time and know I don't expect it returned. However if It was from someone I didn't know well or something that cost more then $10 I do try and return it as soon as possible so I don't forget.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I don't pay back little things like pieces of paper, or a pen or pencil. If it's something that can be used and given back, then I do that. But I don't think most people expect to get a piece of paper back. If it's anything of value then of course I would.
I agree with this. Now if I borrow a dollar for a soda, I will pay that dollar back. Or if I go out to eat with friends I don't see often, we take turns paying for lunch/dinner.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sometimes borrow and ingredient that I need for a meal I'm making but forgot to buy--like a can of cream of something soup. My neighbor tells me not to return it, but I tell her I have to so she'll have it the next time I need it>

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend at work who also suffers from migraines. We've borrowed each other's migraine medicine when we've run out, but we always try to repay it right away (Imitrex and some of the other migraine meds are SO expensive!)