I hate moving... Errrrr!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this past year (2006-2007) I have moved three times... About to make it my fourth! This friday we are going to our new complex to pay the man and get our keys (our move in date is May 1st but he is letting us in early)! Anyways I figured it would be a great idea to move all of our stuff at once instead of little by little (its suppose to be nice out this week)! Well my bf's friends are all of a sudden "too busy" to help us this weekend but promised the next! I have been screwed by so many "so called" friends in my moving situations! They offer to help and then when it comes down to it back out last minute and leave me with no options! That really pisses me off because anytime one of my friends asks me for help I have always obliged and done so because that is what friends are for! Anyways it is suppose to rain all next weekend and since my bf's friends are unreliable and I dont have any that are reliable either Im in a slight jam! So send me good vibes that his friends help (they should one off them got to go to Ozzfest for free off of my sister and the ticket was over 100 bucks)! I tried calling two men and a truck and their rates are frickin ridiculous! I can't wait till this move is over! Im so over it all! Sorry I had to Vent!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Im just stressed, too much at once! Thanks for the good vibes! I wish I was a buff woman than I wouldn't have to ask for help and I could do it myself

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Yeah Im just stressed, too much at once! Thanks for the good vibes! I wish I was a buff woman than I wouldn't have to ask for help and I could do it myself
dont let the men here you say this

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe your boyfriend could talk to his friends and tell them that he really needs them? It really sucks when someone tells you that they'll do something for you and then backs out at the last minute. I feel your pain.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said they would help whenever and now theyre not available! This happend the last time we moved! I once asked my best friend to help me and bought her a 24 case of her desired beer! I showed up at her house the day off the move, walked in and she wouldn't wake up! She later told one of my friends she was too hung-over and acted like she couldn't hear me (which she denied when confronted)... I still gave her the 24 case after that (her not helping)! That was the one time I asked her for something! I use to buy her kids food, smoke her up (back in the day), babysit her kid for free, take her kid to the zoo, circus, shopping, etc! Used and abused, we are no longer friends! My family won't help either but that is because they are too old and out of shape for all that heavy lifting (not being mean that's their excuse)! I just hate that I will go out of my way for people yet they cant do the same! It's not like it would be free... Id buy food and liquor for their services! Maybe im overreacting (lets hope) and one of them will come through next weekend! I won't hold my breath though!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Trixie we're moving together?!!!!!I can relate with all of it, we move a lot too. Where do you live? I think ozzfest is kinda close to me

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh we are far from eachother hun! Im in Wisconsin! Ozzfest is a tour that runs through here yearly at Alpine Valley (a concert outdoor grounds) it was awesome last year... Saw some of my favorite bands... Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, etc! Moving stresses me out since I do it so much and Im usually responsible for organizing it... Which is fair since the bf has to do the physical labor!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could help ya. I can't lift heavy things though. I work for cigs. LoL
We might be moving soon (2 months) also. The last two days I have been throwing junk out. Not that much but every little bit helps. We are going to hire movers. The furniture is just too darn big and we are on the third floor.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I just only knew when it was round here

yes the organizing, ack! We need to get going...I've been so hurtin this week and not to mention everything going on with Nuit.
and did I tell you I want to get a bunny?
maybe ya know when i'm working

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I wish I could help ya. I can't lift heavy things though. I work for cigs. LoL
We might be moving soon (2 months) also. The last two days I have been throwing junk out. Not that much but every little bit helps. We are going to hire movers. The furniture is just too darn big and we are on the third floor.
Gosh I would suck it up and hire movers if I was on the thrid floor! I have private entrance on the lower level which is great for moving but bad for noise! LOL I don't smoke but Ill buy you a couple packs! Yeah the major things we need lifting for is the queen size bed, computer desk, entertainment stand, two dressers, two tv's, a entertainment tower, and possibly fish tank! Everything else i can handle... which only leaves decor, bathroom, and kitchen stuff! I know Im complaining now but Im sure it will be worth all the stress once Im in the new place... Hate the place I live now... Its ghetto!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww a bunny! I want a puppy but they are not allowed at the apartment! So instead I want a Bearded Dragon really bad... They are so expensive... They cost the same, if not more than a cat at a pet store! I never bought a cat from the pet store mine are adopted! Bf says no to the Bearded Dragon because the tank setup and the Dragon itself cost alot! The Dragon's alone are $150 when they are babies and grow fairly large! Anyways I think I'll go home and try to organize and pack tonight! Im just in a midst as to where to start! ADD is suppose?

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did the dog thing and I will probably again if a house comes into play. We had a dog that we adopted (they told us she was good with cats
)so far from it. She wanted to eat them, it was horrible. the best dog if it weren't for that huge thing! We found her a good home though
I really like bearded dragons and have always wanted one too. I use to have iguanas. I met this cute bunny at a pet shop that i fell in love with, that's where my bunny kick came from. they were my favorite animals as a kid though. It's amazing, something I never thought of but they have full shelters devoted just for bunnies! It doesn't sound so strange if ya thing about it, but for some reason i just didn't expect it.
I'm on the 3rd fl as well, but moving to a first floor. your lucky your on a lower level, even the 2nd is looking good right now!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I always wanted a upper with a balcony but it never works out! The place I live at now is creepy (im on the lower) there is this trashy guy that comes onto our porch and steals my bf's smoked cigarette butts out of the ashtray (yuck)! Not to mention the guy above us flips out every now and then starts pounding on the floor yelling obsenities, we are in a low income area yet we pay tons for our unit, we had a fire in the underground garage two weeks after we moved in (my car was parked down in the fire... luckily no damage), the cops drive through at least 3-4 times a day, we got druggies, and dealers! I live in the suburbs lol shockingly! Im now moving to an area with alot less of that sh**! It's been a hell experience where I am now (we have two guns for recreation and for safety where we are at now... they arent loaded but it has been a thought)... Hopefully this new place will be much better!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
um, are you sure we're a long ways apart? We actually ended here cuz our previous landlord got booted out by his wife so he wanted our place. We took the first place we could find with the animals (the ghetto). Though saldy we were not really aware of how it was when we got here, come to find out the park across the street is where the most murders happen in the city

it wasn't to bad during the winder as everyone was hibernating so I think we are getting out just on time to move back to our old town. that's really weird..the cig butts? ack
thankfully we've managed to avoid everyone in our area at all costs. Do you the area in your new place? I hope it's better for you. we had a guy a couple years ago in a previous place that would get drunk and bank on out walls threatening to kill us. Good fun, those were the days

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah this area is better! We are really crowded by illegals and white trash in our complex! Nothing against races but we don't blend well which wouldn't be a problem if everyone was a little more civilized! We have alot of white trash by us! We live in the suburbs but the apartment complexes are crowded with low-income housing and punks! the new place seems nice but again it is still winter, there is no true telling till it gets warmer! The place we live in now seemed excellent when we did a walk through... LOL then summer came! We also snuck our cats into where we stay now... Cats have to be declawed at apartment complexes here in wisconsin (our's are not and will never be) at the new place he allowed us to have two cats (only one is allowed and must be declawed)! Plus we will be gaining an extra bedroom and 300 extra sq ft of living space! Still a 45 - 60 min drive to work though! I work in the ghetto lol! I really wouldn't live where I work... We have a crack motel connected to our lot!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeh we don't fit in so much here either!!!I really hate that landlords are so funny about declawing, apparently if they do get they don't care. I could understand being worried about cats if it is carpeted and they have pee probs but anything else if it did happen would be do minor. yeh I would say not ling where you work was a wise choice....no crack whores for you!!!! yeh isn't life grand sometimes. I'm happy your moving to a better place, and I'm happy I'm moving to a better place

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When are you moving by? It will be nice to relocate! I had a guy deny meeting with me because I had cats... He said cat urine smells! I said "true but my cats are civil and go in a box"! LOL :censor::censor::censor: obviously he has a stereotype that all cats pee on the floor! Mine dont! My kitten did the night after I got her cause she hadn't gone in over a day due to being feral and scared of her new surroundings! LOL she peed on my sister while she was sleeping anyway!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So what he might have met one cat that peed somewhere once?some people! though that is hilarious about your kitty peeing on your sister's head (don't tell her i said that
)

I was actually amazed the soon to be land lord said yes to our cats cuz the place is so small. we're moving on may 1st also