job question

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
would you take a job, with a overseas company(flying) that has already been shut down once, for lack of safty. and is listed by the US goverment as category three(which means they fail minimal safty requirements)

even if its something you would love to do.
i already know my answer, i just wonder what others would do

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
While working at an auto parts manufacturer when I was a student, I witnessed someone getting injured on the job. It was then that I truly understood why job safety is equally important as loving what you do.

If you can't be safe at work, how can you be productive?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Are you saying it's an airline company that was shut down due to safety reasons?.

If that's the case i don't think i would
yep, as much as i would love a flying job, and a overseas job,
i kinda like my limbs where they are.. so i dont think i will take it

but a part of me wants to, what if this is my last chance a flying job?

i dont mind taking a risk with life and limb, but hmm, with there past record, and stuff it almost feels like taking the job, would not be smart, man i must be getting old

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

what if this is my last chance a flying job?
Ahh... but what if taking the job means it may be your last chance at ANY job due to the risks. I wouldn't do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I wouldn't Bruce but thats just me, your lifes more important, and it's not like your past it for other airlines.

Have you wrote off to most of them?.
yep, i dont really have the flight hours for western countries.
i do some flying on my own and some teaching. lol but you would die of hunger trying to make a living teaching around here.

i love flying, have all my life, granted even if i never get full time job doing it, i will still fly. i enjoy it, much like i enjoyed motorcycel before my back got hurt.

the smart thing tells me not to take it, the money is way less then i am making now, and the airline may never get there ok to start back up again.
plus if something would happen to me, heyu and eazy would have no home.
so.... as much as it hurts me, i dont think i will take it. i have been thinking this over for a week now. lol guess i am checkign ot see if others think i made the right choice

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
John my partner flies planes and I know for a fact that if he felt that anything was not safe or that safety was compromised then he would not fly and would not consider working with those kinds of implicatons. It is something he would love to do too but on those grounds I believe he would turn it down. IMO I think you should too

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the job title I suppose! If it is some form of an adrenaline junkie job (professional base jumping, or stunt work) and was something I loved, Id go for it! If it was just a job title with hazardous risks that are unecessary then no!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would GREATLY depend on how long ago the safety shutdown occurred, what change in management did they have since then, AND what is their last X amount of passing safety investigations since (and how close they came to failing).