o my a lil scared

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I have to do a presentation from 10 to 15 mins long, now I never met these people in my life and i have to do a visual aide and I have to wear a suite or a skirt and be professional! Now I have am a lil scared to speak in front of people I HAVE NEVER MET! And get graded on it! Now I emailed the teacher for May 10, 2007! I am so scared! My topic is on Child abuse, also they ask you a lot of questions and i am just so scared! Any tips, I am not sure if my moms allowed to be in there but I hope she is that would be somewhat of a relief and if not than i think imma have a panic attack! Ecs since they ask you random questions at the end! I am just soo scared! And I am really confused on how to do a visual aide for child abuse
im freaking, i thought the dates would be later but apparently not but it didnt matter I needed an early date, thats gonna be one heck of a week for me though, my brothers wedding is that saterday so that weeks gonna be chaotic for me! Also I did this last year because I wanted to be a social worker but I have changed my mind, i wanna do something with animals and it was to late to change my topic and well i could have theres so much I could have said
well wrote
and well I am just so scared to do this! Glad I got a few weeks to go! WHy is there so much going on in my life these days ecs MAY

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, calm down! I know how nervous you must be. School tends to like to dump you in uncomfortabe situations! But if you tell yourself you are calm and professional, your audience will see that!

But think of it, how many of us have you met?

You'll do great! I don't know enough of the details of this- is it a project? A special presentation? One year, I did a speech in my speech class about why you should adopt pets, not buy, and I brought my dog in as a visual aid!
She was everyone's favorite visual aid.
You'll think of something! Just be calm and confident.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

First, calm down! I know how nervous you must be. School tends to like to dump you in uncomfortabe situations! But if you tell yourself you are calm and professional, your audience will see that!

But think of it, how many of us have you met?

You'll do great! I don't know enough of the details of this- is it a project? A special presentation? One year, I did a speech in my speech class about why you should adopt pets, not buy, and I brought my dog in as a visual aid!
She was everyone's favorite visual aid.
You'll think of something! Just be calm and confident.
its a project 3-5 pages long and outline everything that goes with that and then u have to present your project with a visual aide! This project determines if u graduate or not! But see talking on here is different when I first came a member i was shy and now im not shy! But its one of thos ebig project where u cant mess up

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would it help to imagine us as your audience?

Also, child abuse and animals have a lot in common. Those who abuse children are known to do the same to animals. Children who are abused often turn to the family pet and abuse it themselves. It all ties together.

Make your powerpoint simple. Audiences are rarely impressed with a bunch of fanciness or clutter in those things. I know I like clean simple facts not a bunch of things jumping around. The powerpoint can be a big help. It will help you keep your place in your presentation and give the audience something to look at other than you

I am a huge chicken when it comes to presentations. But, I KNOW you can do this. You have your facts, you have the heart and the knowledge. YOU CAN DO THIS

P.S. yes, you can mess up, the audience just won't know you did. They don't know your presentation, only you do.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Would it help to imagine us as your audience?

Also, child abuse and animals have a lot in common. Those who abuse children are known to do the same to animals. Children who are abused often turn to the family pet and abuse it themselves. It all ties together.

Make your powerpoint simple. Audiences are rarely impressed with a bunch of fanciness or clutter in those things. I know I like clean simple facts not a bunch of things jumping around. The powerpoint can be a big help. It will help you keep your place in your presentation and give the audience something to look at other than you

I am a huge chicken when it comes to presentations. But, I KNOW you can do this. You have your facts, you have the heart and the knowledge. YOU CAN DO THIS

P.S. yes, you can mess up, the audience just won't know you did. They don't know your presentation, only you do.
see ive knwon and heard that about pets and child abuse but i couldnt find no facts to it online or anything
I wanted to fit animals into it somehow cause also sometimes the pet is also the only one a child can actually turn to in abuse its their friend and they feel safe and sometimes its like u said!

I am wearing a suit they said dress to impress
thats the only i have dressy anyways and well im doing my thing on child abuse and social workers often wear suits right lol! But the random questions i just dont know how to answer u know! I have many resources I have been working on my project for 2 years well i did a mini last year and re looked up some info and stuff to make sure everything was up to date! Thats soo many websites lol, and another thing is that if they ask me why do i want to do this what am i to say, i changed my career i wanna work with animals and such but idk i seen a movie that had me thinking that was based on real life and I do know someone that was abused as a child! I am just so nervous because when people tend to ask me questions i get really embarassed for some reason
I dont know y tho because usually I am an outgoing person but I guess when graduation depends on it its a whole other story lol! But thanx guys so much this is helping lol! And just so much stress going on I am trying to get everything done on time and prior to my moms surgery as well which is also in may!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for one, when you have to talk, dont look at the people sitting there,
look right above there head.

find friends or familiy to give the speech to first, if in doubt, hmm call someone and do it over the phone.

you could post pic of yourself wearing what youplan to wear and ia m sure people her will give you there thinking on it.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
see tho i cant do it over the phone
room full of 3 people well judges as which they are called that i have never met
and i am short so it might be hard to look over their heads
but the thing that worries me is i know my outfit is approproate but im still gonna post a pic and get everyones opinions that was a great idea bruce thanx
!! But my hair color is well gonna be burgundy (fav color and need to dye it for the wedding, luckily it will be faded a little bit so not so much purple

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
go with neon blue. that really cute.
i mean do it with friends over the over the phone, anything to get used to saying it, time it see how long it takes, more you do it now, more slowley you will do it when its for real.

lol and look at there chins if your that short unless your the type that can make eye contact and it not throw them off.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Well for one, when you have to talk, dont look at the people sitting there,
look right above there head.

find friends or familiy to give the speech to first, if in doubt, hmm call someone and do it over the phone.

you could post pic of yourself wearing what youplan to wear and ia m sure people her will give you there thinking on it.
This is good advice! I cannot look someone in the eye without having my mind go other places. Looking over their heads, just a tad off to the side or even at their chins would work.

You do need to stand up in front of someone and read your presentation out loud. This way you can find kinks if there are any. And, it won't feel foreign to you when you do it for real. It doesn't matter who. Your mom or brother, anyone.

Trust the knowledge you have. You are not supposed to know everything on the topic of child abuse. Even the experts don't know everything. That's why they write articles, to share knowledge. That's why they have books. If they ask you a question you don't know the answer to, say something like, "That is a very good question. That had occured to me as well and I plan on researching that topic more thoroughly when I dont have as many time constriants." Or something along those line. This makes you sound like you really are interested.

They will understand if you aren't perfect. I'll bet every single person in that room has gone through something similar. Plus, you have us!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry its a blonde night for me
(Im natural what can i say) And well i gotta go get an ultra sound tomarrow so im scattered so to speak lol! I was misreading
! But ya thats not bad to practice with friends also though i hope they dont take points off but im italian and i talk with my hands
always have! Neon blue hair eh..not a bad idea at least for the wedding
but my fav uncles gonna be there so gotta be presentable
See my brothers wedding has driven me nuts and i have had to babysit every weekend for the last month 3 kids! and seeing how they keep saying this and that about the wedding, i know have to get my grandma to get my hair done because I wont have time to do my own and they were supposed to pay for mine and now they aint but her sis i think they are paying for
so i gotta go to cranky gram for that so i decided to dye my hair burgandy! Ive always liked that color
and well my sil might be mad but o well, and well im dont think the hair color could affect appearance that much! Eye contact is good, i gotta get workin on that power point now

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

This is good advice! I cannot look someone in the eye without having my mind go other places. Looking over their heads, just a tad off to the side or even at their chins would work.

You do need to stand up in front of someone and read your presentation out loud. This way you can find kinks if there are any. And, it won't feel foreign to you when you do it for real. It doesn't matter who. Your mom or brother, anyone.

Trust the knowledge you have. You are not supposed to know everything on the topic of child abuse. Even the experts don't know everything. That's why they write articles, to share knowledge. That's why they have books. If they ask you a question you don't know the answer to, say something like, "That is a very good question. That had occured to me as well and I plan on researching that topic more thoroughly when I dont have as many time constriants." Or something along those line. This makes you sound like you really are interested.

They will understand if you aren't perfect. I'll bet every single person in that room has gone through something similar. Plus, you have us!
Ya i know i can count on yall, actually i had a member look over my paper here and she was so helpful and so great! (Im bad at english) And well that tip is great! I am just so scared to do this I have dreaded that day for YEARS
and it comes May 10th, well my moms friends coming (reason why i had it on a thursday) and i am sure we will make it a girls day out HOPEFULLY and i made it for the afternoon too so that way I can be well refreshed with everything! This isnt helping me cut back on smoking either

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

smoking will make your hair fall out, do you want to have a shaved head like me>?
no but oddly my hair is very thick even with hyperthyroidism! I will always have thick hair
which idk if thats a good thing or a bad thing

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can you share some of that hyperthyroidism?
hmm never mind, i would hate to have to go back to washing my hair and stuff again, shaving my head is much better,

how is that report going

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

can you share some of that hyperthyroidism?
hmm never mind, i would hate to have to go back to washing my hair and stuff again, shaving my head is much better,

how is that report going
hmm..actually its supposed to thin ur hair and everything, like i can pull strands out here and there but no matter what i have thick hair
and it is a pain to wash and I have to condition it nightly its a pain lol! I havent started on the power point yet
thinking of ideas, not sure wat to add like picture wise and stuff...what could u really add, i dont want to show pics of actual kids that got hurt you know! Also opinions, should i add in my presentation some cases of child abuse with of course a bad outcome but only ones i could find which i also found meaning full! See i told u its to hard to think of all of this lol, and well bella has my arm hostage and i am currently about to fall over typing with the labtop sideways

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont know, i would need to hear the speech to see what type of stuff you may want to add. All depends on the subject matter of the speech.