I am so annoyed.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I am really mad at my friend right now. On Thursday, he agreed to help me with my thesis, so I emailed him a copy for him to look over. I was so relieved he accepted to do that because I have SO much work to do these days. Plus my thesis is really important.
I also didn't want to ask any of my friends who are still in school because I know they're just as busy as me.

So I told him to send it back my Monday at the latest (which means he had the whole weekend to do it). My hope was to be able to hand in my thesis tomorrow. Well, it's now 11:45pm on Monday and I haven't heard back from him yet.
I am really mad because I have done so much for him in the past and rarely asked for anything back. I even felt bad asking him for that one favor, but it was so important that I figured it was time for him to pay me back a little.

But now I'm gonna have to do all the editing myself, add the little bit of content I am missing, and fix all the footnotes and bibliography. I have a class tomorrow at 5pm and there is no way I'll be able to finish it all by then. Which means I'll have to work on it Wednesday too, and then hope to have enough time to finish the two term papers that are due Friday.

It's not fair.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most colleges have a person whose job duties include helping students with APA and so forth. Do you have a writing lab? Hopefully they can assist by checking grammer, formatting, bib page, etc.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having done both a thesis and been a writing tutor... how long is your thesis? It may be unfair to ask of someone to do it over the weekend. Theses are long-term projects precisely for that reason, and usually quite flexible towards the end. We were advised to spend most of the second semester editing and planning for the defense. If you do want to go to a writing tutor you would need more than one session for a lengthy project like that, I've spent more than two hours on five-page papers with students before.

I hope you can feel less stressed out about this! But please don't be mad at your friend.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand being disappointed! School is very stressful and full of unreasonable (IMO) pressures. Sometimes it is good to have help. I just know you will get it all done on time. Good luck!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how u feel, and i am back due to my senior project in hs! I am stuck on the coclusion though myself and I still have to make a power point! And on top of that do all other work, and then my moms also getting operated so imma be the one helping aorund the house and doing alot more and o man this is going to be disasterous for me
! I have confidence in you though! U CAN DO IT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Having done both a thesis and been a writing tutor... how long is your thesis? It may be unfair to ask of someone to do it over the weekend. Theses are long-term projects precisely for that reason, and usually quite flexible towards the end. We were advised to spend most of the second semester editing and planning for the defense. If you do want to go to a writing tutor you would need more than one session for a lengthy project like that, I've spent more than two hours on five-page papers with students before.

I hope you can feel less stressed out about this! But please don't be mad at your friend.
Actually, my thesis is only 35 pages. I know it takes more than a few minutes to edit, but no more than a few hours. And if he wasn't able to finish it in time, he should at least have told me so.
Instead, he hasn't emailed me at all.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang Wormy, hope you get hold of him and he is done and just didn't let you know.

Try not to stress too much.... you'll work it out!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew, I can understand both sides of the argument here..... trying to read a thesis (on which you know nothing) can be really really tough going - I had to read a masters thesis (on the sex-life of yeast, funnily enough) for an acquiantance who needed someone who's mother tongue was English. One weekend? Nuh-uh. I read that thing for a week! It could be that your friend is a little snowed under to get it finished in a weekend - or that maybe he's faster than I was and he's just not managed to get back to you yet.

The more you worry about it, the less sleep you're going to get - and you're going to need it! Things will work out, you'll see
Fingers crossed for you hun!