How did you meet your partner/DH?

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in the mood for some mushy love stories...lay em' on me

First I'll tell you mine

My husband and I actually started dating my junior year of high school..
We were together for about six months and ended up having an awful breakup ( he cheated on me and got one of my friends pregnant) He did what he felt was the honorable thing and got married and had a son ......

F- forward five years... I was a new Mom and had just left my babies Dad..he was abusive ...bad situation...
Ran into my ex (now DH) and something clicked....He and his wife had split up...we went out...my Mom was not happy

We spent the entire night talking about our lives and our children....It was such a beautiful thing...I think that the first time that we dated neither of us were ready for a relationship...We were too young and had we tried to make it work it would have failed...
We've been together 8 years and happily married almost 5 years

No-one thought that our relationship would work given past experience but ya'know some things are meant to be...
Given the strong commited relationship that we have now I wouldn't trade the past for all of the money in the world!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm well lets see
Actually some friends and I were bored one evening and so we went riding around uptown....lol...and happened to see 2 guys and some kids going into Pizza Hut. Of course I automatically assumed they were married and mouthed something off to my friends about them probly having wives. So we keep driving around until we see them come back out.
Finally after like 10 minutes we pull up next to them at the stop light and we kinda chat for a second. A few hous passed and we never saw them again. Until we about gave up! We saw them going to the convience store, only this time with no kids,hehe. So we drove around some more and then they pulled into Pizza Hut parking lot and hollered for us to come over there~so of course, we did!!
We ended up taking one of my friends home and my other friend and I decided to go out to DH friends house....and it just started from there...we continued to talk for quite some time before he asked me to move in with him.

Sorry that got kinda long,lol...but you asked for it!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One weekend, when I was in university, I went with a friend (Februa on this site) to visit her parents. While we were in their town, we went to hang out with a friend of hers from high school, who I'll call Rex. I was fighting a cold and had a really sore throat. It occurred to me that a banana popsicle would work wonders, but nobody was motivated enough to go to the store. Februa asked her friend, "hey, isn't That Guy coming over?" That Guy was Februa's nickname for a guy who lived down the street and often hung out at Rex's house. Rex said he was and called That Guy's cellphone to see if he would bring me a popsicle, which he totally did even though he had to make a special stop and he'd never even met me.

Soon after, That Guy called to see if I'd like to go out, just the two of us. We ended up going on a 13 hour date to Wonderland, mini golf, dinner, and Dave&Busters before he brought me back to my parents' house (I was staying with them during the summer before going back to school in fall).

We dated the next year while I was at school and moved in together the following April. We've be living together for 2 years now.

critter crazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I met 11 yrs ago. We were both in the Army, I was 18 and he was 28. We worked together for about a month, then I left for training for 5 months. The whole time was gone, all I could do was think about him. We wrote a few times, but it was primarily work related stuff, as We had worked together. I was back home for about 2 weeks, when I got a phone call from Him. He wanted to go out, and wanted to hear about my 5 months away. I never thought that he thought of me in any way, but as a co-worker. we went out to dinner, and talked all night long. I knew from that moment that I was hooked! We have been together ever since! We have 2 wonderfull kids, and a wonderfull marriage. I cannot imagine Sharing my life with anyone else!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met DH through a former mutual friend. The former friend was dating a friend of mine, but we were all friends at the time. She couldn't go to a wedding with him for one of his co-workers, so I did. Well when we got back (it was out of state but we made the trip in a day) I dropped the friend off at the dorms on the base and DH was outside taking his trash out. It was late and I was sleepy and cranky and didn't give him much more than a wave. And he wasn't dressed too good, which is unusual for him if he's stepping that far out of the house. Then as I drove away I heard clearly in my head 'This is the man your gonna marry!' and I said 'No way!'

Well a few months later they had moved off the base into what is now my house and I started hanging out there....and well I got really attracted. Totally having dismissed what I'd heard in my head. The problem was, a good friend of mine was also attracted to him and she'd just come out of a bad relationship so I wanted her to have someone who treated her good.

Well she went and suddenly married the 'bad' guy. Sooooo, a few months later DH and I started dating and here we are, married almost 4 years now. We dated for months before I ever remembered what I'd heard in my head. But when I did he was overseas, and I was home in my bed. I jumped out of bed and ran upstairs and woke my poor mother up to tell her. Thank goodness my step-dad wasn't in bed yet. He'd have thought I lost it!

My 'good' friend pretty much fell of the face of the earth and the former friend is just plain blocked from my buddy lists and all.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my husband in the Widow/Widowers chatroom on AOL. In 1996 he lost his wife to colon cancer and I lost my husband in a boating accident. We have now been married 9 happy years

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met John at my previous job

I was w/ my former bf at the time- for a year actually, until I broke up with him- for John

I couldn't resist- he's a manly man- and my bf at the time.... well, he wasn't even close to being like that.

We've been together for 2 years now, well 2 years May 4th!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First, what does "DH" mean? I probably should know, but I don't. hehe

Four days after I moved from Tennessee to Wisconsin, knowing no one in town, I drove down the the main street, parked my car, and looked around for an interesting place to go. A tattoo shop caught my attention. (I had no desire at this time to get a tattoo) The owner and the peircer kept me occupied for hours. I had met new friends! I hung out with them until closing time, and they invited me to go to a comedy club with them. Their friend showed up (my husband) and we all went. Had a great time, and later that night my now my future husband walked me home in the snow, and I had my very first snowball fight! We spent 5 years together before we got married, and celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Tristan and i were chatting casually online with tonnes of other people for maybe a year or so before we met, and we became friends a few months into that. We were meant to meet when he was off work for a holiday, but is aid no. I'm not actually sure why. I do know i thought he was eird, and from his picture he looked alot older. I shared alot with him, and at one point i even got him and the ex to chat online because it was important my good friend meet my bf etc. Anyway, he was the first or second person i talked to when i got dumped (my parents might of been first or second, dont remember), i decided that i wanted to meet him a few days later. I had nothing left to lose, and id been crying for three days and my face was puffy and blah. We met in person and spent about 4 hours talking and getting to know eachother better. I felt so comfortable with him and my sadness was going away. At the end of the night before we went our seperate ways i asked him if i could kiss him. I gave him a little kiss and i know he was really worried about it being a rebound thing, but it felt right. We met a few more times over the fortnight, talking more and a little more kissing (really quite nice). I decided to ask him where i stood, i didn't want to be doing all of these things and getting close, and be confused about what i was to him. So we became an item a couple of weeks after we met. Obviousely it wasn't a rebound thing because now we've been together 19 months and have talked about moving out, marriage, kids etc.

Im just so glad i met him. I think i would have spiralled into a deep depression if i stayed with my ex. I did alot for him cooking, cleaning, very affectionate. He didn say thankyou for my efforts unless i asked. He didnt like displaying affection in public so i felt worthless. He spent 24/7 on his computer and got frustrated with me if i changed my mind alot or didnt answer him about things like 'what are you laughing about' he was paranoid.

I think Tristan saved my life. And were still going through this rough patch and i feel so useless that i cant get everything back to normal

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Josh and I started dating in High School. I was 15 and he was 16. We dated throughout school and moved in together after I graduated. We were together for four years before we got married and we've been married a full two years now! We've never had a break-up, and I can't imagine life without him!

Nothing too special I guess, just your typical high-school sweethearts!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am an avid PC gamer. (yes a girl gamer) I met my DH in one of the games I played. In the game, there is much interaction where you must form groups to take on stronger monsters and such things.. and he played with some of his friends..who happened to always need a 6th (and final) person in their group.

We ended up being in this group almost every day and a LOT on weekends. Eventually I found myself logging into the game just to talk to him.. and it blossomed from there.

That is why our age difference is so large.. we never bothered to ask each other that! I moved across the country to live with him and we've been together for 6 years now

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

found her in a cage at petsmart does that count?
Found mine in a crowded bar...kinda similar if yours think about A.awful smell B.waiting for someone to notice you and C.not many people care who they go home with as long as the get to go home with someone....

I am kind of ashamed to say but I did meet Dan in a bar. I was 21..newly 21 and me and my girlfriend used to go to this one bar to dance on their dancefloor every thrusday night (no cover for ladies). I hit on him and then two years later here we are. Its not the most respectable way to meet the love of your life but its our story.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing mushy about it

He and I are gamer geeks and we met in an online RPG called Asheron's Call back in January 2000.
In August of 2000 we met in person and started a long distance relationship.
In 2003 I moved down here and the rest, as they say, is history.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I met him in the supermarket.

I was still in highschool and worked thursday nights as a checkout girl. This was a very slow thursday night, there was this guy filling shelves of cookies close to my lane, he was chatting with a customer about a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert he'd been to. So when this customer comes to pay for his stuff I gave him an opening to talk about music (I was happy to talk to someone because it was so slow) and he goes like "yeah, I've been to RHCP, I'm going to see Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, Rage against the Machine, etc". I tell him I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan but have no way to travel to their concert (I had been begging my dad if I could go), and he says offhandedly; "oh, you could go with us, I can get you a place to sleep too". Uhhmm yeah, I really want to go to that concert and you are kinda cute but I never saw you before in my life. My mom will have conniptions.

He started to come around every thursday night, and I still thought he really needed groceries
He told me he was going to the Smashing Pumpkins concert with a colleague of mine who worked the produce department of the supermarket, so I exchanged phone numbers with my colleague to set things up. When I called him he told me Duncan had already gotten my number off him ! He also made a point of telling me Duncan was 27 years old (I was 18).I was a bit worried about going off with two boys I didn't know all that well, so I thought of cancelling several times, but I really wanted to go to that concert and of course I also had these little butterflies... I told my mom sure I knew these guys, they were my colleagues.

So I ended up going to the concert (which was great), we stayed overnight and we kissed on the trainride home the next day. ( I couldn't believe he was really interested in me, and he thought I was too young for him, but as we got closer and closer to home he decided he had to do something) We've been together for seven years now.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hrmn... online
and I love him to death. We've been on and off and up and down over the last 5 years, but for some reason, we can't go anywhere without eachother. We can try and go our seperate ways, but we can't live without one another. How mushy is that!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mines not so lovey dovy lol
i moved when i was 5 to a new place with my parents. about a year later started playing with a girl across the road from me. when i was younger i got teased abit i was very skinny and my mum didnt have much money so never had all the right clothes!!
anyway a group of lads about 16 years of age use to tease me a bit, one of them lived next door to my friends house. anyway this went on for a few years then stoped(they got older).
before my 15th birthday i started hanging about with some other mates round the area , we used to go pub shoot some pool ect. and one of the lads who used to tease me went to the same pub and new some of the lads i was hanging about with ( i was out with the girls)
i found out he liked me , so i was a bit *smug* lol
i heard he was planning on asking me out , he decided to get his nerves up if he won a game of pool he wouldnt ask , if he lost he would. not the most flattering way i must admit. but my mate told me about it before they played. anyway he lost , so we was walking home and he pulled me back and asked if you wanted to go out. lol this comming from a 25 year old , so i replied i spose lmao. anyway 10 years later and still together.