I'm sunburnt!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate being sunburnt!!
We've had ALOT of rain which made business pick up (roofing) today I hung out with DH one a couple repairs and I'm burnt!

I'm a redhead and VERY fair skinned so it doesn't take much. I told him I think he's gonna be being solo tomorrow
I'm just not cut out to be a "roofer" in the summer

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww.. I am sorry!
I hope you feel better soon!

the worst sunburn I ever got was when we stayed at a cabin at the KOA
when we went to a family reunion in Polson, Montana and I would swim a lot and I am very outdoorsy girl when it comes to camping or going to a lake/whatever and I just lightly put sunscreen on and I was swimming and got the worst sunburn on my shoulders and could barely sleep and had
to put ice packs on my shoulders. I burn easily.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch!! Sunburns are no fun. A friend of mine also got a bit red yesterday after being outdoors all day with the kids....

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.....

The worst I ever got sunburnt was when I was 13. I had family come visit from Ky and we all went to the beach. I kept telling them I needed to get outta the sun but the car was WAY down the beach. I ended up with sun posioning

I had blisters covering my whole body...ever since then, I'm a hermit

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to load up on lotion my dear! I hope the pain subsides soon, I know how much that hurts

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

You need to load up on lotion my dear! I hope the pain subsides soon, I know how much that hurts
I usually use SPF 60!
But didn't think we'd be out that long. Boy was I wrong

DH? He's tanned....makes me sick sometimes. I've seen him sunburnt maybe 2 times.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I usually use SPF 60!
But didn't think we'd be out that long. Boy was I wrong

DH? He's tanned....makes me sick sometimes. I've seen him sunburnt maybe 2 times.
OMG John is the same way, it sickens me!
He tans just so quickly... me on the other hand- not so easy!
I tell him that I hate him everyday in the summer because of it!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hate being sunburnt!!
We've had ALOT of rain which made business pick up (roofing) today I hung out with DH one a couple repairs and I'm burnt!

I'm a redhead and VERY fair skinned so it doesn't take much. I told him I think he's gonna be being solo tomorrow
I'm just not cut out to be a "roofer" in the summer
aww no no sun!! be kind! lol

I just hate it when i get it right on my cheeks and nose..I look so stupid!!
My mom got it so bad one year on her feet they were like 2nd or 3rd degree burns pretty much...we are fair skinned folks. The worst is i am more olived skinned tone so if i dont burn...i dont tan
I cant win!
I just stay pastey all year!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel for you!!

My worst was when I went to Lake Austin (in Austin, TX) with my best friend and we went swimming after putting on some lotion, then sat out and chatted on a rock for a long time.. well, I guess it wasn't waterproof lotion!

I had bright red skin with blisters on my shoulders, back, arms and thighs that were about golf ball sized. When I got back, I went to the doctor and he perscribed some lotion for me to put on them. Well, when I tried to apply the lotion, the skin just sort of melted off and watery ooze came out all over and oh my goodness the pain when that happened was unbearable!!

Also, I had to go to a wedding that week. My dress was all stuck to me... Just remembering it makes my skin hurt!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The worst I ever got sunburnt was when I was 13. I had family come visit from Ky and we all went to the beach. I kept telling them I needed to get outta the sun but the car was WAY down the beach. I ended up with sun posioning

I had blisters covering my whole body...ever since then, I'm a hermit
This is me, too. I was 13 and spent all day with my family at a lake in Iowa. I was wearing a tube top and some little shorts. On the way home my mom noticed I was talking out of my head then I passed out. Don't remember much after that. They took me to a hospital which gave me fluids from what mom says. I was sunburned everywhere that was uncovered. Lived in a white sheet for over a week with the blisters popping and oozing. It was awful. I still have a few scars from where I peeled the skin off too soon. Since then, I have been slightly burned a few times, but never anything like that.

I also have always had people tell me that if I just try and go slowly, I can tan. They never listen when I explain that I just don't tan. People with very fair skin and red hair do ... not ... tan!

I hope your burn heals soon! I feel for ya

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
I HAVE to go back out and help today

I don't want to but seeing I helped yesterday he didn't have any of the guys ready for today. He was counting on me helping

So I'm putting on a hat and heading out now.... I hate this

When I was burnt at 13, it was so bad my birthmark peeled off

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing! I wish I was in the sunburn season here! Its too cold though! I am very fair skinned and I know your pain dearly! Slather yourself in aloe and leave the dirty work to the men

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I like to say sorry you got sunburnt, I know the redhead issue when it comes to the sun, my youngest neice has redhair and really fair skin and she has gotten burned really bad a couple of times......Secondly, SUNBURNT, I spent most of yesterday trying not to get FROSTBITE...
It's still a little cold, miserable and snowy here in Ontario..
We are hoping for a heat wave soon.