Hello, All! :] My baby's story.....

kittyinatux19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very glad to be a part of these forums. My name is Meagan, i just joined today.
I own 4 adult cats and a new litter of 7!
My four adult cats are Possum:

Christine:

Zanzabar [not pictured]
And JJ.

JJ and Possum are sisters.
JJ has a story all her own. Her and her sister, Possum, were born from Kloie about 2 years ago. Possum came out fine, a beautiful tuxedo coat and perfectly healthy. JJ seemed fine at first, a tuxedo style coat of Gray and white, but her legs looked a little different. She was born with twisted limb syndrome.

A lot of people put down their kittens with this disorder, because it is scary to them and they feel like their cat will live a life of suffering. But i wouldn't have that. Her front legs are bent inwards at the "elbows", and her back legs are almost completely upside-down. With much patience, i taught her how to use the litter box, to move about freely, and now after 2 years, she is almost completely independent. She is the happiest and most friendly cat i've ever owned. She cant be outside by herself at night because of the coyotes we have in the woods, but i take her out often on nice days to visit with the outside cats and she loves it.

I think one reason i felt so obligated to her was not only my intense passion and love for animals, but also because i also have had a deformation. My jaw grew very out of place when i hit puberty, causing a major under bite/cross bite that made me lose weight [due to problems eating] and my self confidence was practically non existent. I was blessed enough to have a major re constructive surgery performed in 2003 which fixed the problem and now i look completely normal, and i'm at a healthy weight. This gave me such respect for people with even the smallest disabilities, and animals as well.

I am so very proud of her. She is my little angel and i hope and pray that people will have the love and patience to raise beautiful little angels like JJ and not be scared of deformation.

[her famous squirrel pose haha!]

I also own two feathered babies, Pom Pom and Pixie the Parakeets.

{Pom Pom is blue, Pixie is White]

Also, i have a tropical fish tank which i spend my free time perfecting. :] Its my ongoing project, and im almost completely done stocking it.

And of course, my mother has a poodle named Sam who thinks he's the kittens' dad. haha.

Here are a few more pictures for your viewing pleasure. :]

hope you like!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
Your kitties are absolutely gorgeous, I enjoyed all the pics! I am so glad JJ ended up with you.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Meagan!! You have some very beautiful babies there. Especially JJ !!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyinatux19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.
I'm definitely very blessed.

Ok, so i'm simply going CRAZY about this whole siggy/avatar thing. Is there a certain amount of time i have to wait b4 i can upload one or something?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Meagan
we're so happy to welcome you and your lovely kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures - your kitties are gorgeous. We have a great forum where you can share more of your lovely pictures (I'm sure folks will be begging you to
) it's a sub-forum in the Cat Lounge called Fur Pictures Only - you'll find loads of lovely pictures there. There is a size limit though - your photos will have to be resized so that they are no more than 640 x 420 when posted there. I can't wait to see more of your lovely photos

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyInATux19

Thanks guys.
I'm definitely very blessed.

Ok, so i'm simply going CRAZY about this whole siggy/avatar thing. Is there a certain amount of time i have to wait b4 i can upload one or something?
Hi Meagan - yes you need to be a member for at least one day and have achieved at least five posts. The types of avatar that you are eligible for depend on the level of your membership. The level of membership increases with the number of posts and length of time that you have been a member - you will find information about this in the Private Message that was sent to welcome you to the site

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ur babies are simply GORGEOUS

Also this site is filled with such wonderful people, and everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be very informative and helpful too
!!! Well see u on the forums

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Meagan - your cats are gorgeous! See you around in the forums!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to TCS Meagan & Crew! You have a such a big heart! So glad JJ is living life! Sounds like you have your hands full with all those babies!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to you and your beautiful fur-family
and I really enjoyed reading about them all

Its great here, there always lots to do and see, it can sometimes become a bit of an addiction

Glad you dropped in to join us and keep posting those photos
we just love photos here

Enjoy the forums !

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful fur and feather family you have! JJ is lucky to have you, if only every special kitty could be so cared for and loved

I especially love the pictures of your budgies, I had budgies my entire life up until last year, and being a cat site we don't get that many pictures of birds so thank you for showing them off. They have beautiful colour plumage and you just have to love those little cheeky budgie faces

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyinatux19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I greatly appriciate it.

I also wish there were more people willing to work with disabled animals and give them a chance at life... I was so blessed to be matched with JJ, she is such a joy.
I will definitely post some more pictures of the babies as they grow on the Pictures thread. Thanks again guys!!!

[meagan]

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Beautiful pictures and gorgeous animals! I love your story and Im glad you kept JJ a part of your life! You seem very caring and dedicated! Thanks for sharing your story with us!