Can you get..

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Food posioning from fruit? omg i feel like horrible! i have never had food posioning before but i have never gotten this sick this fast before. i had some "fresh" fruit from our deli and withing 45 minutes i was throwing up and had a massive headache and hot and cold flashes. the hot and cold has stopped but i think that my head would feel better if someone cut it off!! and my tummy ughhhhh..... lets not go there

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can! Go to the doctor! There could be organic contaminants or some kind of pesticide causing this. Take care!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read of a lot of cases of salmonella caused by contaminants on green onions they use for garnishes.

Hope you're okay, Val!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everything is ok. Food poisoning from the fruit would take longer than 45 minutes. I checked my Bio books and the shortest onset of symptoms is a few hours after eating the tainted food.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy packs of ready to eat fresh fruit, and last week i took a pack of fruit salad into work with me, but as soon as i opened the lid i could smell it wasn't right. I just licked a piece of pineapple which tasted sour and the whole lot went in the bin

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

feeling better but not 100% not posion just sour and made my tummy upset. should be better tomorrow
Glad to hear that your going to be okay

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on how the fruit was stored prior to being put out for sale there are a couple types of poisoning you can get..Check with a doctor better safe then sorry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
they gave me some iv fluids cause i was a little dehydrated but the dr said that it wasnt food posioning that he believes that some of the fruit might have been a little sour and it was just my bodies reaction to get rid of it. told me to take it easy for the next couple of days and to start with a liquid diet lastnight and today but to slowly go back to my normal diet. and that as much as i felt like i wasnt, i was gonna live lol

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear it! Try some plain soda crackers when you're ready for solids... they always stay down for me...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please be careful hon- if you start to feel bad again- have a second opinion. i recently had to go to the ER back in March from a severe case of food poisioining. it was so bad it caused colitis and a bunch of other issues (they thought i had the flu bug at the same time too so that didn't help!) if you've been vomiting a lot or have had diarreah- your potassium might be low- so if you continute to feel tired this week or sluggish- go to the doctor again and have a blood test done (just a simple one in the arm is what they did on me to check mine) if your potassium is low they can give you a prescription to take to help your energy. (you don't want potassium through an iv- it stings). i hope you get to feeling better soon and don't need anything. but i thought it was worth mentioning- because i started to get sick on a tues, went to the doctor on a wed who gave me cipro and flagyl (made me worse!) and then wound up in the ER on friday way worse...my symptoms kept changing - so be sure to watch your body and not push yourself if you don't feel good. give yourself some time to heal. If it was food posioning- it can be really nasty to deal with. hopefully though your doctor was right and it was just a sour stomach.
feel better hon! be sure to drink lots of fluids and eat some bananas to keep your potassium up