More Than 20 Killed At Virginia Campus...

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh thats awful those poor poor people.What an horrific and terrifying act of sickness

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, let's remember the victims and families today as we go on about our own lives.

Hilda>^..^<

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so sad. My heart goes out to all those families - and the family of the shooter.

I don't know what makes people snap like that, but it happens, and a lot more than frequently than we suspect.

We worked at a firm in LA where one of the employees came in drunk waving what turned out to be a loaded gun around. Gary disarmed him (Gary was in the Israeli army for nine years), and our boss was SO thankful. When he saw the guy waving the gun around, he told me to head to our office and lock the door, so I didn't see what happened. But it turns out that about five years earlier someone else there snapped and shot up the place, killing one person. !!!

Laurie

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's so shocking when you hear of these incidences more and more, just a part of our times I guess .... so sad .... when will people ever learn. I'm in shock.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think it is the times... life has gotten so complicated and there's so much injustice in the world that some people who might otherwise have managed to get by end up overloading like this. Sometimes it's "suicide by cop," and that's sad enough -- but when they feel compelled to take so many people with them, it's just incomprehensible.

I still think about the Columbine shootings a lot, because I still just can't grasp what those boys were thinking. I don't know how they could be clearheaded enough to plan such a thing so thoroughly, yet insane enough to carry it out. The mysteries of the human mind...

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been watching it like crazy, wringing my hands, and I don't even know anyone who goes there. I can't imagine the friends and families of students and faculty who are beside themselves...God be with them right now...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There really isn't anything to say at a time like this except to send out prayers to those affected

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I still think about the Columbine shootings a lot, because I still just can't grasp what those boys were thinking. I don't know how they could be clearheaded enough to plan such a thing so thoroughly, yet insane enough to carry it out. The mysteries of the human mind...
Been out today with Alex Jr, had some lunch, just enjoyed the afternoon with him. I know that we have problems but I'm so thankful that both he & Naomi are here, safe with us for the moment and I feel so much pain for those who've gone through this today. Looks like the death toll is now up to 33...so tragic.

I wrote this after Columbine...thought I'd repost it here, sadly, it seems to still apply today...

VICTIMS

Why must we see this again...
Our children killing each other.
Must we witness again
The anguish of a grieving mother.
The victims of this violence
Were mostly scared, young adults
But so were the assassins.
Tell me please, who is at fault?
Is it the media
With its obvious influence?
Or maybe the parent,
Left without a defense.
''Watch for the signs''
That's what we are told.
But in the end it seems
More and more weapons are sold.
And our children just keep on dying
While the world watches
More mothers and fathers crying.

Hilda Coronado, April 28, 1999

God bless one & all tonight...
>^..^<

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't beleive it when I heard..I always feel like when I hear something like this, it will be the last time. But it never is
I just don't get how this could keep happening. What is wrong with this world?

I pray for the families who lost their loved ones.

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
many of my friends go there. So far I have only gotten one name out of 33, and unfortunately its a sister of a friend of mine. This is horrible.. words can't describe how worryed, scared and sad I am for everyone involved

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artharitis

many of my friends go there. So far I have only gotten one name out of 33, and unfortunately its a sister of a friend of mine. This is horrible.. words can't describe how worryed, scared and sad I am for everyone involved
i am sorry to hear that

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very very very sad, I am sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi to all the familes involved.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a truely terrible thing to happen- my heart goes out to all those who have suffered in any way due to the events of yesterday