Biscotte gets spayed tomorrow

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At last the day is here and I needn't worry about her going into heat again - she has had one cycle already, which upset the whole household. She just seems so tiny, but she is around 7 months old now so it is overdue (the vet made me wait till a month after her second shots). So good vibes for her please. She absolutely hates being put in the carrier, and last time she regressed quite a bit after I brought her home and would not come near me for a day or two, so I think we will be looking at some similar behaviour this time.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

At last the day is here and I needn't worry about her going into heat again - she has had one cycle already, which upset the whole household. She just seems so tiny, but she is around 7 months old now so it is overdue (the vet made me wait till a month after her second shots). So good vibes for her please. She absolutely hates being put in the carrier, and last time she regressed quite a bit after I brought her home and would not come near me for a day or two, so I think we will be looking at some similar behaviour this time.
I'm so glad the date is finally here! Sending LOADS of "go well" vibes her/your way!!!!!!!! I have a feeling you may see similar behavior - but maybe not quite as bad. After all - she's part of the family now. She knows anything you do is for her best interests, and she didn't know that (for sure) before.

Laurie

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure Wellington will help her through this. {{{{{Calming vibes}}}}} on their way!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck Biscotte!!! We'll all be thinking of you and your worried meowmy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, of course it all went Ok, and now she is in a dog crate in the kitchen so the others don't annoy her. They are trying to touch her and even lick her through the bars, though. Wellington was so glad she was back - he was looking for her this morning and kept coming up to me with that questioning expression. She can't lie comfortably and is on her back most of the time, paws in the air, exposing a little white sticky-on bandage on her tummy. She gets the stitches out in 10 days, meanwhile I have antibiotics for her, but hte vet wouldn't give me pain meds - he said they never do, and it is better without, so they don't try to do too much.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad it is all over and she is OK. None of mine ever had a plaster, is it a French thing?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear your little girl is home. Sending lots of vibes that she feels better soon.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad things went well, Jenny. Little Biscotte will be up and about in no time, and Wellington will have his pal back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is fine this morning, and I will let her out of the cage tonight. She is supposed to only have half rations today, otherwise I would let her out now. She is eating, drinking, pooping, and playing with a mouse that was a present from the vet! And no, I have never seen a plaster used on a spay wound before, but she is the only cat I have done in France (so far) so I don't know if it is a French thing. It doesn't seem to worry her.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, all home safe and sound
fancy having a plaster - well I hope all goes well, she's sounds like shes back to normal and not long before those stitches are out